Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · HS Girls Quarterfinal Soccer

mikekeating
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · HS Girls Quarterfinal Soccer

A game for the ages . . .the A C Reynolds Rockets hosted the Sun Valley Spartans in the NC State 3-A Quarterfinals. Both teams had been eating up the competition with either skill/finesse (ACR) or sheer physical play (SV). Lets look at the game film:

Junior Defender Kaley Cross moves the ball down the field

Senior Defender/Forward Charges the net during a corner kick

Junior Karissa Grooms (leading the pack) breaks down after scoring

Gratuitous shot of my daughter . . .a freshman leading team in assists

Senior Captain Megan McCallister has a shot blocked by the goalie

Edited on May 25, 2015 at 09:05 AM · View previous versions

May 25, 2015 at 08:55 AM
mikekeating
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HS Girls Quarterfinal Soccer

End result, Reynolds overcame a lot of adversity during the game and came out with a well deserved 4-2 win. They advance to the final 4 and host the team that eliminated them from the playoffs last year, Cuthbertson.

May 25, 2015 at 08:59 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HS Girls Quarterfinal Soccer

Hey Mike... something appears awry in the post processing. Everything has that "oversharpened to save an out of focus shot" look to it. Did you have turf currents that you had to deal with? That can sometimes be the culprit.

May 25, 2015 at 09:14 AM
mikekeating
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · HS Girls Quarterfinal Soccer

Hot day, clouds rolling in and out, a stadium and tall trees that filter the sun (see last shot) but they were all in focus, the corner kick being a heavy crop as I shot at about 70mm to get the kicker too (the entire series to see if I can catch a header). They are (I call it) semi HDR as the girls and the parents of the team like that look (me, I like some drama-on TV- but whatever they want). I like the first one with just a bit of correction and of course get asked to make it more "dramatic". . .I blame Instagram and snap seed. . .

May 25, 2015 at 09:35 AM
schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · HS Girls Quarterfinal Soccer

Hey Mike,

Hot field with currents and late afternoon side light can be a tough one for sure. Like the first & last the best in regards to action. Kind of amazing what others like vs what sports photographers deem as good. I see this all the time

IMO, the corner kick doesn't look like the rest. Granted as you indicated it's a large crop on a 120mm shot but, like Paul, I do not see the GK being as sharp (to me #20 is more in focus) as I would expect & it does have the look of being over processed. JMTC

Matt

May 25, 2015 at 11:02 AM
mikekeating
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · HS Girls Quarterfinal Soccer

Strange, I look at the corner in Lightroom and it looks good (color wise) I look at it on safari (to look here) and the color is horrible. Need to see what is going on here. But it is not as sharp for sure.

May 25, 2015 at 02:41 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.