New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · First BIF with a twist

gqllc007
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · First BIF with a twist

Yesterday we heard a buzzing in the house. Poor guy was trying to get out but we have 26 foot ceilings and were not able to help. Not exactly what I had in mind for my first BIF.
5Dmk3 100-400mk2 ISO 1600 400mm f/6.3 1/3200
2nd one 7Dmk2 100-400k2 ISO 2000 f/8 1/2500

May 24, 2015 at 08:25 AM
fredster
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · First BIF with a twist

How did he get In the house?

May 24, 2015 at 08:41 AM
Konablue
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · First BIF with a twist

How did it get out? Or is it still flying around in the house?

May 24, 2015 at 08:45 AM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · First BIF with a twist

I'd put a feeder where he can get some food, they must have food frequently. Put something for him to perch on near the feeder. Once its dark, he will perch, you can catch him. and put him out in a safe place for the night, such as a thick bush or tree.

May 24, 2015 at 11:19 AM
gqllc007
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · First BIF with a twist

We tried to get him out. We brought in a feeder as well. He perched on our ceiling beams and then had a heart attack and plummeted dead It was sad. We had opened our door to let our dog in and he came buzzing in the door

May 24, 2015 at 02:14 PM
Photonadave
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · First BIF with a twist

I had a hummer in the house once!

She got in the front door when guests were leaving at night and in my case, with a little luck, things worked out better.

I tried leaving all exterior exit doors open and porch lights on with the rest of the interior doors closed. My family & I walked around trying to coax her out.

We have high ceilings also and that's where she wanted to stay!

Realizing that this method would probably take a long time I noticed that she seemed to be attracted to a light that I could reach from a second floor landing with a step stool. I finally caught her in a small waste paper basket & piece of cardboard to sweep her in and keep her in there.

It turns out that there was a nest, visible from below, perched in climbing vines high up in an upper area of the front entry way just outside the door. I could tell when she was on the nest as I could see her beak poking over the edge of the tiny nest when she was there sitting on her eggs.

The location was so inaccessible that I was not able to get pictures without creating a big disturbance.

May 25, 2015 at 01:19 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.