New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Download Problems

rprouty
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Download Problems

Everytime I try and downloading a CF card from either a 5D3 or 7DII on my desktop PC using BreezeBrowser or Lightroom 5.7 they both freeze up. I do the ctrl-alt-del and both BreezeBrowser and Lightroom say not responding. The won't end until I unplug the card reader from the PC.
I was able to download a card on my laptop with Lightroom. I thought it may be a card but it happened wiht a Transcend 32GB 600X, a Transcend 32GB 400X, and an older Sandisk Extreme 16GB card.
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks

May 23, 2015 at 08:14 PM
Tom In Arizona
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Download Problems

Hi Rod...

If you used the same card reader with your laptop and were successful, then it's likely not a bad card reader.

If true, I'd suggest a full power-down of your desktop system and restart without the card reader attached. Once rebooted, plug in your card reader and make sure it's being recognized (Windows Explorer if it's a Windows machine). Then try putting in your card and see if it works.

Good luck and hope that helps.

Tom

May 23, 2015 at 08:20 PM
rprouty
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Download Problems

I tried two different Lexar card reader.

May 23, 2015 at 08:26 PM
riokid
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Download Problems

rprouty wrote:
I tried two different Lexar card reader.

Does your Lexar readers have the latest firmware?

May 23, 2015 at 08:33 PM
rprouty
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Download Problems

I haven't checked but they were working fine with both cameras and all three cards a couple of weeks ago.

May 23, 2015 at 08:35 PM
fqo63ta
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Download Problems

I put my card into my reader, then plug the reader into my laptop. BB and LR see it every time.
Been doing it this way for years.

May 23, 2015 at 08:38 PM
fqo63ta
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Download Problems

Have you done an update of Windows, BB, or LR recently?

May 23, 2015 at 08:41 PM
rprouty
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Download Problems

yes everything.

May 23, 2015 at 09:33 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Download Problems

It could be the cable or the port deteriorating and losing connection. Have you recently changed or added anything to the computer?

EBH

May 23, 2015 at 09:40 PM
rprouty
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Download Problems

Nothing changed that I'm aware of...I'll do more checking in the morning.

May 23, 2015 at 09:58 PM
Shutterbug2006
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Download Problems

There are so many things that could cause this problem to occur. I would guess that you have added a new software program or hardware device or picked up an infection since it last worked.

If you are familiar with MSCONFIG, I would start by turning off anything you don't recognize in the startup tab and then reboot the computer.

I was having problems making certain programs run after downloading and installing a program called Zemana Antilogger. I found a work around, which was to shut down Zemana temporarily, start the program that I was having the difficulty starting, then start Zemana back up. I found this out by using MSCONFIG to stop programs from starting.

So by process of elimination you may be able to determine if that is what is happening here.

It is possible that the card reader has gone bad, or a USB controller chip has gone bad, or there is a conflict with some other USB device plugged into your computer.

Good luck diagnosing the problem!

May 24, 2015 at 01:51 AM
RAF09
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Download Problems

If you are using a usb hub on the desktop try plugging directly into the computer usb port. I had a problem with a Lexar 3.0 reader that turned out to be the reader itself, intermittently worked/didn't work.

May 24, 2015 at 07:24 AM
rprouty
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Download Problems

I tried a Lexar 3.0 reader and it worked with a usb port on the back of the PC. I'll do more tests and again thanks for all the help and suggestions.

May 24, 2015 at 07:28 AM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Download Problems

A common solution to USB issues is to reinstall the driver. Go to Control Panel / Device Manager / Universal Serial Bus Controllers and uninstall one of the root hubs. It will reinstall itself when you restart the computer.

Also make sure that there is a drive letter listed for the card reader when you insert a card.

May 24, 2015 at 07:36 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.