FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Bridge over New River Gorge

acoll123
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bridge over New River Gorge

I happened to be in the area a few days ago and stopped to take a few photos. I like both the color and B&W versions so I present them both.

The New River Gorge Bridge is a steel arch bridge 3,030 feet long over the New River Gorge near Fayetteville, West Virginia. It was the world's longest steel single-span arch bridge - it is now the fourth longest. The roadway of the bridge is 876 feet above the New River. When it opened in 1977, the New River Gorge Bridge was the highest vehicular bridge in the world.

Andy

Edited on May 21, 2015 at 04:26 PM · View previous versions

May 21, 2015 at 03:57 PM
dlabrecque
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bridge over New River Gorge

I actually tried taking some pictures from vantage points under the bridge, but yours are definitely more impressive. Where were you to get this angle?

May 21, 2015 at 04:13 PM
OregonSun
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bridge over New River Gorge

Great composition, the strong diagonal of the roadway contrasts nicely with the s curve of the river. I like the black and white better, it really brings out the texture in the trees.

May 22, 2015 at 01:55 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bridge over New River Gorge

I think the B&W looks great. It is an interesting place to visit and difficult to photograph. Nice comp.

David

May 22, 2015 at 02:34 PM
dswiger
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bridge over New River Gorge

dgdg wrote:
I think the B&W looks great. It is an interesting place to visit and difficult to photograph. Nice comp.

David

What David said.
The B&W brings out details/tones nicely.

Dan

May 22, 2015 at 08:02 PM
acoll123
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Bridge over New River Gorge

Thanks Dan and David

May 22, 2015 at 08:04 PM
rocinate

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Bridge over New River Gorge

Nice shot of the NRG Bridge. I was able to get this vantage point once as my employer is a pilot and took me up in the plane, I live about 20 mins from the bridge and and have many shots of it. Watched it being built as I grew up. In Oct. of every year they have Bridge day in which they open the bridge up to foot traffic and BASE jumping. Driving over it in a vehicle gives you no idea of the height and size as does walking it. Glad you took time to visit and share your image.
James

May 31, 2015 at 05:15 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.