Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Another first timer and...

Jason_Brook
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Another first timer and...

I'm a lot more excited than nervous. Does this mean there's something wrong with me?! My only nervousness is that I won't have the balls to get in the places I want to get the shots I see during the ceremony, as in being scared of making myself too obvious.

I do want to say thank you to all of those who participate in this forum for providing all the inspiring work. I don't plan on making weddings a habit, so you guys need not worry about competition from me

May 21, 2015 at 11:43 AM
Bartlett Pair
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Another first timer and...

Hi Jason! Lots of Philly guys on this board! I'm from Morgantown, PA, which is like 35 mins from you

May 21, 2015 at 12:21 PM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Another first timer and...

Well welcome....

If you are posting here ... it is not as a 'gee this outta be cool' kind of thing!

Being a shooter means you do what is necessary to get the shots while being a professional.
We all have our own style of getting this done.

One thought .... don't be 'that' guy that stands right next to the B&G during the ceremony.
I have yet to see this, either live or on video' that is not distracting.

I was shooting at a wedding - last month... a little video work for the vender, and the wedding shooters were all over the B&G+officiant during the ceremony.

Talk about distracting/tacky ... it was a husband/wife team. The husband wore a camo flat fishermans hat + shorts. The shirt was a black polo under armor.
Next to B&G+Officiant wearing tux-dresses .... seemed pretty much out of place.
Husband / wife and there 2nd shooter where all within 5-6 feet of the B&G for most of the ceremony.

My thoughts.... we are part of the show but we are not the show.

Anyway...Get in there and do your thing.
-Mark

May 21, 2015 at 01:30 PM
Jason_Brook
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Another first timer and...

Haha my fear is being that guy by getting anywhere remotely near the bridal party.

May 21, 2015 at 04:47 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.