Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2015 · Are photos taken by the 5Dm3 better or same as the 6D?

Paul Mo
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Are photos taken by the 5Dm3 better or same as the 6D?

Who makes the Ideal FX?

May 25, 2015 at 06:41 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Are photos taken by the 5Dm3 better or same as the 6D?

Paul Mo wrote:
Who makes the Ideal FX?

http://www.ideal-fx.com

May 25, 2015 at 06:57 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Are photos taken by the 5Dm3 better or same as the 6D?

Indeed. They even have a 'twitter' for street photographers.

https://twitter.com/FXStreetNews

May 25, 2015 at 06:59 PM
Ferrophot
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Are photos taken by the 5Dm3 better or same as the 6D?

I shoot trains, planes, birds and kids rugby football. 6D AF hasn't missed a shot yet. Those who think the 6D is useless for motion either don't have one or are doing something wrong. Maybe they just read it on the internet.

May 25, 2015 at 09:29 PM
Phantom Medic
• • •
[X]
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Are photos taken by the 5Dm3 better or same as the 6D?

Ferrophot wrote:
I shoot trains, planes, birds and kids rugby football. 6D AF hasn't missed a shot yet. Those who think the 6D is useless for motion either don't have one or are doing something wrong. Maybe they just read it on the internet.

May 25, 2015 at 09:37 PM
goosemang
• • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Are photos taken by the 5Dm3 better or same as the 6D?

5d3 auto focus is far and away the best I've ever seen. I've been messing with a D750 and nikon's "3D" AF, and despite what the internet might say it's not better than the system in the 5d3.

What makes the 5d3 so good is that you can customize the system to a ridiculous level. If you shoot the kind of conditions that can utilize this capability, it's hard to use anything else after having a proper go with it.

I suspect most people who own the 5d3 don't utilize the system to its fullest potential. In demanding, fluid situations, shitty light, wide apertures, you name it.... It owns if you know how to use it. It's enough to warrant the premium this camera has carried since the day it was released, if you ask me.

May 25, 2015 at 10:19 PM
super35
• •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Are photos taken by the 5Dm3 better or same as the 6D?

Since no one else mentioned this even in 4 pages of debate, the 5D3 has a significantly better color response or sensitivity metamerism index than the 6D. It is 5 points better in daylight and tungsten lighting. In fact it is also better than the 1DX in this regard by 1 point in both types of light. Color sensitivity is the number of reliably distinguishable colors. There is a price for the slightly better high ISO noise of the 6D and 1DX and that is, less accurate color.

May 26, 2015 at 12:31 AM
Robin Smith
• • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Are photos taken by the 5Dm3 better or same as the 6D?

It is 5 points better in daylight and tungsten lighting. In fact it is also better than the 1DX in this regard by 1 point in both types of light. Color sensitivity is the number of reliably distinguishable colors

What is the scale for this statement? 5 out of 100? 5 out of 10? What does this mean?

May 26, 2015 at 09:25 AM
super35
• •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Are photos taken by the 5Dm3 better or same as the 6D?

The sensitivity metamerism index (SMI) is defined in the ISO Standard 17321. A perfect score would be 100, so the scale is 0-100. The 5D3 scores 74 in Daylight, 75 tungsten, the 6D scores 69 and 70 and the 1DX scores 73 and 74. The 5DS and R will score higher since Canon has stated better colors as one of their goals.

May 26, 2015 at 11:03 AM
rattlebonez
• • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Are photos taken by the 5Dm3 better or same as the 6D?

sensitivity metamerism index

DXO Mark measurebation

May 26, 2015 at 11:10 AM
cameron12x
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Are photos taken by the 5Dm3 better or same as the 6D?

lowside67 wrote:
Having owned both, there is absolutely no practical difference between the two in image quality. You get slightly higher theoretical ISO/recovery from the 6D, and slightly higher resolution from the 5D3, to me it's a complete wash.

If you are shooting portraits, landscapes, product photography, macro, or any number of "slow" subjects, the 6D is a no brainer (and is the one that I chose FWIW).

If you are shooting action or something that requires the MUCH (!) better autofocus or 6FPS (vs the 6D's 4.5FPS), then consider the 5D3, but also consider a 7D2.

I was ready to upgrade to a 5D3,
...Show more

I couldn't agree more and this is the very setup I use (6D, 7D2) + the 70D (I like the flip-screen).

May 26, 2015 at 11:13 AM
super35
• •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Are photos taken by the 5Dm3 better or same as the 6D?

rattlebonez wrote:
sensitivity metamerism index

DXO Mark measurebation

The Big Bang Theory (season 9)

Episode 184 "The Measurebation Rationalization" - September 24, 2015

Sheldon (rattlebonez) is not happy to learn that his beloved 6D camera does not capture colors as well as other Canon cameras. To make himself feel better he rationalizes that the ISO standard color test is just "useless measurbation." He is distraught until Penny comes to his bedroom and sings "soft kitty" while he falls asleep cuddling his 6D.

May 26, 2015 at 12:06 PM
Jeff Nolten
• • • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Are photos taken by the 5Dm3 better or same as the 6D?

What would Penny shoot?

I'd like to see what that metama...?, metamertion?, um, measurebation difference looks like in an image.

May 26, 2015 at 07:04 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.