Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Kansas

Jonathan Knight
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kansas

Comments and critiques appreciated.

http://66.147.244.176/~jknightp/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/20150515.Konza_.255_2.jpg

http://66.147.244.176/~jknightp/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/20150518.Konza_.269.jpg

May 19, 2015 at 12:40 PM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kansas

Add a wheat field and you'll have the complete image of KS. Nice work.

May 19, 2015 at 03:48 PM
Jonathan Knight
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kansas

Thanks for your comment. It's a tough place to make look good so I tend to lean towards the stark, moody shots instead of the postcard shots.

May 20, 2015 at 08:15 AM
mstrickland
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kansas

The light in the second one is much better than the first, in my opinion. The first is too low-key for my taste. Keep it up in the Flint Hills! Down by Emporia off the interstate, there are some really fantastic backroads. I'd love to see some range burns.

May 20, 2015 at 01:45 PM
Jonathan Knight
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Kansas

Hey Michael, thanks. I recognize your name from searching through Kansas/Flint Hills images on the interwebs. I'm admittedly a newbie at landscape stuff and I appreciate your comments. My background is photojournalism and the technical post-processing.... shall we say ... leeway in landscape versus journalism is one of those things I am trying to learn. Also, just a dramatic shift in subject matter and shooting style (action, always shooting, on the go, etc. versus more contemplative, waiting for the light, etc.).

I'll try and rework the first one --maybe that'll help.

May 20, 2015 at 04:18 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.