New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Lightroom 5.7 Blurb upload

HaJa
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom 5.7 Blurb upload

This my first real effort here in FM, I planed to make the first one a significant post, but a few days ago I started to do a book...

I have made a few books and printed them with Blurb before. Now this new one will not upload to their server. It seem to me the uploading proces works in three parts making a PDF, sending file(s), and Blurb server receiving the data. It is the last part not happening.

I can make a PDF file ok to HDD.

There seems to be many more customers having this same problem at Adope and Blurb forums and elsewhere. There is also many "solutions" in the web, no joy with them.

Have any of You solved this yet?

Jarmo

May 19, 2015 at 08:19 AM
HaJa
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom 5.7 Blurb upload

Blurb got back to me stating there is no known issues in their side.

I got a link to Adobe site. I think the link is ok. Adope site is just interesting. I get to read some information and make some choises. when I click for more help. I will have to sign in again and start again and again.

Teach me to use Adope site.

Jarmo

May 19, 2015 at 02:35 PM
AnnJS
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom 5.7 Blurb upload

Personally, I would NEVER create a Blurb book through Lightroom.

You could either use Blurb's own Consumer-level sRGB software directly or, much better, do the job properly by creating a Press-ready PDF (made by using Blurb's Professional InDesign templates and pre-separated CMYK files).

It may be more work from your end but the results will be far superior to using the Consumer-level sRGB route.

May 19, 2015 at 03:46 PM
HaJa
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom 5.7 Blurb upload

I hear you AnnJS, loud and clear.

I just don't fancy using PC for more time. I do this for my own fun. Then again...

The book is up there now, after a long wait, meaning hours and hours.

I do not know what was the problem.
1. LR not being able to resove some book setings
2. Blurb password was corrupted when I tried to sign in to the site.
3. I took out the page numbers and upload was succesfull. (I want to have them numbers)

Jarmo

May 20, 2015 at 04:30 AM
HaJa
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lightroom 5.7 Blurb upload

The book is here. It is good enough for my purpose, It is a book of my best liked photos, I prefer showing the book to a screen to my friends and associates. If the book was for sale, something else should be done.

Jarmo

Jun 03, 2015 at 08:10 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lightroom 5.7 Blurb upload

I am happy you had a positive experience with Blurb. I didNOT! 6 months later, 2 printings and hundreds of emails, the poorest Support(no support at all! Just advice) I have ever seen. Paypal decided in my favor and refunded all my money for a worthless magazine(Premium) combining printed magazine and national news articles into 1 magazine. Whilethe pluses for Blurb seem to be fine, resellerrating negatives are pretty telling.
Dan

Dec 28, 2015 at 01:06 AM
AnnJS
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lightroom 5.7 Blurb upload

Press-output can only be as good as the material that you feed to it.

How much experience do you have with CMYK conversions; Black-generation; and Dot Gain on different substrates?

If you do not have an understanding of these things, you need to use a Litho Offset Printing house which can offer customised and personalised pre-press services and it will not be inexpensive.

The P.O.D. services (like Blurb) do not offer any pre-press correction services but print exactly what you send them in your digital file (which goes directly onto an inkjet Press unchanged from the way that the Download is received on their Server).

Blurb have just printed another book for me and, as it has always been previously, the quality of the production was outstanding.

Dec 28, 2015 at 02:47 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.