Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Softball pics from past week

nobake1

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Softball pics from past week

Hi All,

I've gotten so much information and assistance I wanted to show a couple pictures from the past week's softball games. I know they aren't professional quality, but I'm seeing some improvement in my photos. All of these were taken from a knee, include both eyes, etc. (as I've said, I'm pretty good at formulaic shooting).

I cropped all 2x3 or 3x2 just for consistency - I'm still working on cropping with information from the previous thread. I think cropping standard sizes adds simplification to cropping, i.e. it gives me an excuse for not having an eye for composition.

I'm pretty sure I underexposed the first one - am I correct?

The second I shot horizontally and a vertical crop doesn't work too well because it ends up too square.

And the third I left horizontal because of the out of focus catcher, I kind of liked it. But I think a vertical crop is probably a better choice.

Any comments and critiques are welcome, I'm still learning and can take it.

thanks,
matt

sorry, these are too large. I'll either figure out how to resize or upload from home.

number 1

number 2

number 3

May 18, 2015 at 12:56 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Softball pics from past week

From the side, the apex of the softball pitching motion winds up being a square comp, so pick your preferred orientation. Either vertical or horizontal comp will result in dead space out of camera so pick your poison. As for the others... just not a fan of this part of the motion. I call it the dead phase. So many other parts of the windmill motion that are far more dynamic and aesthetic albeit... cliche. But still worth capturing. My fave us the 3/4 angle

May 18, 2015 at 07:26 PM
nobake1

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Softball pics from past week

Thanks for the feedback Paul.

Sounds like I've got some more work to do.

thanks,
matt

May 18, 2015 at 09:01 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Softball pics from past week

nobake1 wrote:
Hi All,

I've gotten so much information and assistance I wanted to show a couple pictures from the past week's softball games. I know they aren't professional quality, but I'm seeing some improvement in my photos. All of these were taken from a knee, include both eyes, etc. (as I've said, I'm pretty good at formulaic shooting).

I cropped all 2x3 or 3x2 just for consistency - I'm still working on cropping with information from the previous thread. I think cropping standard sizes adds simplification to cropping, i.e. it gives me an excuse for not having an eye for composition.

I'm pretty sure
...Show more

the first pic could be very slightly underexposed, easy to adjust with post processing

May 19, 2015 at 05:37 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.