New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · No grid showing on 7dii

gschlact
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · No grid showing on 7dii

I was out shooting today and noticed that my 3x3 grid was not showing in the view finder. I thought I had remembered turning on the 3x3. Sure enough, I checked the setting and it was still on. I disabled and re-enabled , no luck.

Any ideas why it isn't showing?
Using with 70-200f2.8 II + 2x iii.

May 18, 2015 at 01:29 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · No grid showing on 7dii

I'm sure you've thought of this but on my 7D (mark 1), initially I kept getting confused between the Live View grid setting and the viewfinder grid setting and kept using the wrong one.

May 18, 2015 at 05:23 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · No grid showing on 7dii

In addition to what David suggests above, I would check "Set up2" menu option "Viewfinder display" and ensure that "VF grid display" is selected. There are several menus options for displaying the grid at different times, such as when in LV or during image playback, so it would be easy to select one of those thinking that it enables the grid in the viewfinder .

May 18, 2015 at 06:45 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · No grid showing on 7dii

mitesh wrote:
In addition to what David suggests above, I would check "Set up2" menu option "Viewfinder display" and ensure that "VF grid display" is selected. There are several menus options for displaying the grid at different times, such as when in LV or during image playback, so it would be easy to select one of those thinking that it enables the grid in the viewfinder .

Good thinking

May 18, 2015 at 07:27 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.