Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Engagement in the Rain (2 Images)

SeauxCrazy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Engagement in the Rain (2 Images)

I'll start off by saying, I rarely do portraits and whenever I do, it's always been with family or friends. This was my second engagement shoot and the weather was atrocious. Luckily, we had a small break in the rain to get a few shots and to be honest, I think the wet streets added a lot to the shots.

Here are two of my favorites.

1. Second time using lights out in public, the wind caused havoc on the soft box, but luckily had an awesome assistant!
Engagement - New Orleans by Sean S, on Flickr

2. Something a little different, fisheye strobist shot. Had assistant holding soft box directly overhead of camera. Any other position and he was in the frame.
Engagement - New Orleans [Strobist/Fisheye] by Sean S, on Flickr

May 17, 2015 at 12:20 AM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Engagement in the Rain (2 Images)

That orange cone in the first one really sticks out to me.

May 17, 2015 at 12:34 AM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Engagement in the Rain (2 Images)

First photo work, nice lighting.

May 17, 2015 at 10:05 AM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Engagement in the Rain (2 Images)

Sean, I'd need to see other shots to voice a better opinion. I think these are good. The few issues I see can easily be taken care of in post-production (the cone is gone if using content-aware fill). I'm hoping that the couple looks happier in other poses, pretty introspective. The hand in the pocket is off-putting for me (hey, what DO you do with your hands?). The rain is a happy accident.

May 17, 2015 at 07:10 PM
SeauxCrazy
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Engagement in the Rain (2 Images)

GoodEgg wrote:
Sean, I'd need to see other shots to voice a better opinion. I think these are good. The few issues I see can easily be taken care of in post-production (the cone is gone if using content-aware fill). I'm hoping that the couple looks happier in other poses, pretty introspective. The hand in the pocket is off-putting for me (hey, what DO you do with your hands?). The rain is a happy accident.

Here's two more.

?1">

?1">

Sorry, they're crummy imgur links, but since they haven't shared any of their images to friends and family on facebook, I kept them off of my public domains.

I have quite a few of them smiling, but the bride loved the serious look more than most

May 18, 2015 at 01:35 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.