New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Cusco

zhoulander

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cusco

Here are two pics I'd like to share from my recent vacation to Peru.
Had a tough time deciding what gear to bring and opted to travel 'light' and used my 24-120 F4 for everything. It did not disappoint.

Two men and two sheep by zhoulander, on Flickr

Street in Cusco by zhoulander, on Flickr

May 16, 2015 at 02:44 PM
johnmatrix84
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cusco

Cool photos! I am going to peru in three weeks any tips?

May 17, 2015 at 11:08 AM
zhoulander

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cusco

Thanks! If you are visiting Cusco or any other high altitude regions, pack light. I brought a 24-120 F4 VR and 50 1.4 but left the 50 behind in my luggage at the hotel. Only once or twice during my entire trip did I feel like I wanted my 70-200, but the D750 had enough pixels and allowed me to crop to satisfaction. You're only "allowed" to import 2 memory cards and 1 external HDD, but no one checked. I brought a laptop but didn't fire it up once - it was useless weight.

If you're visiting Machu Picchu, there are restrictions on tripods/walking sticks/disposable containers/pro gear, but from what I saw they let everyone in without checking anything - plastic bottles, tripods, and pro-gear in plain sight.

Put on a lens filter in case any alpacas spit at you, and pack a rocket blower since it is pretty dusty. Enjoy your trip!

May 17, 2015 at 10:30 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.