Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Claudia , a fun test and happy series .

mannyherr
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Claudia , a fun test and happy series .

Took the new D810 for a spin , this is a snippet of a quick test I did with this gal . She is a bit older but great personality , character and fun spirit . I am aware that since I converted these to B&W I've lost the punch the sunflowers would provide , but I'm kinda digging the B&W here .

She will get both color and B&W to put in her book as she seems fit . Thanks for looking !

Claudia by manny herreria, on Flickr

May 15, 2015 at 09:36 AM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Claudia , a fun test and happy series .

Wow, beautiful images! Great job with the conversions. Great job using the shade to get pleasing lighting for the images.

You must be one heck of a funny guy because she is exuding a huge smile to the point of laughter in all images. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Thanks for sharing the images.

May 15, 2015 at 10:31 AM
mannyherr
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Claudia , a fun test and happy series .

film_4ever wrote:
Wow, beautiful images! Great job with the conversions. Great job using the shade to get pleasing lighting for the images.

You must be one heck of a funny guy because she is exuding a huge smile to the point of laughter in all images. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Thanks for sharing the images.

HA !!! THAK YOU !! Well I do know that some say I'm really funny looking ! , so maybe thats it !! Thanks again , Yes had much fun !!

May 15, 2015 at 11:41 AM
mrhangt

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Claudia , a fun test and happy series .

Lovely images, lovely model, I like #2.

May 15, 2015 at 11:43 AM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Claudia , a fun test and happy series .

Great set, Manny. You make me feel old, calling a beautiful, 29-year-old woman "old."

May 15, 2015 at 01:12 PM
tonyfield
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Claudia , a fun test and happy series .

Delightful set of images for a lovely lady. Well done !!! What has age got to do with it unless you think the only girls who should be photographed are between the ages of 16 and 22.

May 15, 2015 at 01:19 PM
lowside67
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Claudia , a fun test and happy series .

You obviously have a great chemistry with the model, kudos! I would caution being careful, I am not sure what lens you are using but it obviously has a razor thin depth of field as all of the images to my eyes do not achieve perfect focus on her face, where I believe the image would be strongest. #1 doesn't seem to be perfectly sharp anywhere, but for me #2 and #3 both seem to be sharper in the flower than her face.

Nice images and thanks for sharing!

May 15, 2015 at 08:45 PM
mannyherr
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Claudia , a fun test and happy series .

mannyherr wrote:
HA !!! THAK YOU !! Well I do know that some say I'm really funny looking ! , so maybe thats it !! Thanks again , Yes had much fun !!

---------------------------------------------

mrhangt wrote:
Lovely images, lovely model, I like #2.

mrhangt,

Thank you !!!

GoodEgg wrote:
Great set, Manny. You make me feel old, calling a beautiful, 29-year-old woman "old."

GoodEgg,

I know and I apologize for that old commment , I didn't mean it that way
My bad , Thank you for liking them !!

tonyfield wrote:
Delightful set of images for a lovely lady. Well done !!! What has age got to do with it unless you think the only girls who should be photographed are between the ages of 16 and 22.

tonyfeild,

Thank you for liking them and you are correct , I didn't men that comment in a bad or degrading manner , this lady is a dear friend , I guess I was just stating the obvious . Did not mean to offend anyone here .

lowside67 wrote:
You obviously have a great chemistry with the model, kudos! I would caution being careful, I am not sure what lens you are using but it obviously has a razor thin depth of field as all of the images to my eyes do not achieve perfect focus on her face, where I believe the image would be strongest. #1 doesn't seem to be perfectly sharp anywhere, but for me #2 and #3 both seem to be sharper in the flower than her face.

lowside67 , Thank you , and yes , I've known her for a long time, so easy to
...Show more

May 18, 2015 at 05:35 PM
ripkoken
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Claudia , a fun test and happy series .

Looks like focus may be a little off.

May 19, 2015 at 07:44 AM
mannyherr
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Claudia , a fun test and happy series .

lowside67 wrote:

ripkoken wrote:
Looks like focus may be a little off.

Thank you both !! Ok i'm a little perplexed here . The first thing I do in my workflow ( after expression ) is to look for eye sharpness , If there is even a chance that eyes are not sharp it goes straight into the trash , it's useless to me . I went back to double triple check that the focus on these was correct and it is ! I agree fully with you all that It does not look sharp or focus missed . I'm not sure why it seems that way on this particular forum (algorithim maybe ) I have no clue.

Went back and pixel peeped these at 100 % and it was spot on . I really have no clue why it's done that here .

Michael by manny herreria, on Flickr

on above I'm of course trying for closest eye focus . I think it hit it , no ?

Thanks again guys .

May 19, 2015 at 07:57 AM
nextelbuddy
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Claudia , a fun test and happy series .

lowside67 wrote:

I think what you are seeing is center sharpness with the face near the edge of the lens where it is naturally less sharp.

I have no doubt it is sharp for the OP on his computer and original image. its most likely on the cusp of just sharp enough in the original but then after web resize and forum posting it just brings it down enough to notice.

May 19, 2015 at 08:48 AM
ripkoken
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Claudia , a fun test and happy series .

Look at the top of the hat in picture number three, then look at the eyes.

May 20, 2015 at 06:18 AM
mannyherr
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Claudia , a fun test and happy series .

Thanks ripkoken and I get it, just can't figure it out. Sharp for men on original then not on some posts. Maybe just my old old eyes failing me? Lol. Oh well. She liked as did her agency so all is good in the world. Lol. Thanks again man.

ripkoken wrote:
Look at the top of the hat in picture number three, then look at the eyes.

May 20, 2015 at 06:23 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.