FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Eagle Falls, Lake Tahoe

Adam_A
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Eagle Falls, Lake Tahoe

I took this with a 5d mk iii and 16-35/4 lens a couple of weeks ago.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5470/17505597682_9b29565daa_o.jpg

May 14, 2015 at 12:27 PM
andrew perkins
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Eagle Falls, Lake Tahoe

Great image Adam! Same location as my shot but a completely different, warmer feel to it. Unfortunate about the blown out area in the sky but I think it was managed well enough to not take away from the scene as a whole. Very nice

May 14, 2015 at 01:44 PM
Adam_A
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Eagle Falls, Lake Tahoe

I've shot this place 3 times and have yet to acquire an image that I'm truly content with. And it's a 4-hour drive for me, which is tough for a sunrise shot.

Adam

May 14, 2015 at 05:11 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Eagle Falls, Lake Tahoe

Hey Adam,

Overall this is pretty nice. It's definitely a pretty hard shot to capture. I think I would correct some of the WA distortion. Did you bracket for this shot?

Jim

May 15, 2015 at 12:50 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Eagle Falls, Lake Tahoe

I really like the feel of this one...even the blown bit in the sky works for me, to my eye it feels like it might have felt at the time, bright early sun...really nice. My only nit is the clipped tree right in the middle, its such a prominent element, I wish the top had some space.

May 15, 2015 at 05:28 AM
ChrisKayler
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Eagle Falls, Lake Tahoe

I like the warmth and quality of light here the most. Maybe you could tone down the highlights in the sky just the tiniest touch, but I'm not sure it would be better - you might lose some of that radiating glow. The wide angle distortion is a bit of an annoyance here to me, and does kind of detract with the leaning trees. I also wish the tree on the left wasn't cut off. The still waters are beautiful, as are the reflections on the rocks and the overall clarity and sharpness of the image. I enjoyed it!

May 16, 2015 at 04:36 PM
Chuck Eklund
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Eagle Falls, Lake Tahoe

I really like the different take on where you shot the waterfall from - very nice. Including Lake Tahoe in the image is an excellent idea.

Chuck

May 17, 2015 at 12:51 PM
dakel
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Eagle Falls, Lake Tahoe

Nice one AA. I too find Eagle Falls difficult to shoot and haven't got my wall shot from here yet either. I like the warm mood and that haze that shooting into the sun gives helps add to this feel. Thanks for sharing.

May 19, 2015 at 10:47 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.