Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

mci2727
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

I've searched (tested, was frustrated etc) for a solution for online digital contract signing over the past 2 years or so.
I didn't like the cost, interface or client side (and had many clients complain they couldn't use the forms I emailed) of any of the major players in this area (I never tried ShootQ, just too much of an investment. But you name any of the others, I tried them)

I've finally found a solution me and my clients are happy with. DigiSigner.com
$48 a year for unlimited and they also have a free plan if you send like 3 or less a month I believe.
Super easy to use, almost all the features I'd like (it'd be nice if they offered form embedding so it could happen on my URL, but not a deal breaker for me).

I'm not affiliated with this company in any way other than I'm a happy customer and want them to stay around lol
I made a 6min video on how I use it from start to finish, including the client experience.
Hopefully it's helpful to those who are unhappy with their current solution.

May 14, 2015 at 12:07 AM
brianclary
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

I just switched to HelloSign and like it very much. Positive response from clients so far.

May 14, 2015 at 08:54 PM
mci2727
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

brianclary wrote:
I just switched to HelloSign and like it very much. Positive response from clients so far.

It's honestly been over a year since I used HelloSign, in your experience is it as user friendly (on both ends) as I show DigiSigner to be?

May 14, 2015 at 09:21 PM
rondphoto
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

Tave

May 14, 2015 at 10:22 PM
mci2727
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

Tave & ShootQ
So. Much. Money lol

I honestly don't see the benefit to my business over my current system (online contract signing was the last element I was needing in place)

May 15, 2015 at 12:35 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

I just create and use my own PDF form for free. Simple.

May 15, 2015 at 12:42 AM
tgillespie
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

mci2727 wrote:
Tave & ShootQ
So. Much. Money lol

I honestly don't see the benefit to my business over my current system (online contract signing was the last element I was needing in place)

Time is money. Tave saves us tons of it. All the time we use to spend invoicing, emailing, and recording we can now spend working on our actual profession or doing something fun. For $300/yr, its a worthwhile investment for us.

May 15, 2015 at 01:21 AM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

Print, sign and scan back to me. Never had a problem.

May 15, 2015 at 08:27 AM
Josh Jones
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

I've been using www.inkdit.com for the past year! It's been really great, and very simple for clients to fill out! Best of all it's free!

May 15, 2015 at 08:35 AM
brianclary
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

Yeah, I find it to be very user-friendly. The reason I finally switched to digital signatures was two fold:

1. More and more clients don't have/use printers or scanners anymore (the same way fewer and fewer people have CD/DVD drives). So clients were asking for a digital option. Some had printers, but no scanners, and used their cellphone to take a photo of the signed contract, but often it was too blurry and not really legible.

2. Saves time. It's not just the time of printing or scanning, but the routing. I love having automatic routing in-place, as well as automatic sending of the final PDF to all parties for their reference (though I also provide that to them in their own client portal).

=====Just to add=====
3. Controlled document. Using a service like HelloSign, Adobe, etc. means it's a controlled document. It means the first signer can't scan the document, change a few words without the next/final signer noticing, etc. as there is no opportunity in the process for edits once signatures are being collected, whether well-intentioned or ill-intentioned. On the flip side, if a client wants an edit, it's very easy to route a new version with requested changes.

May 15, 2015 at 10:40 AM
joshua grasso
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

I think i saw 17hats has contract signing bundled with other customer management features. I might look into them

May 15, 2015 at 11:34 AM
evertdoorn
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

this is a thread I gotta follow. Last week I signed an online contract for Fearless second shooters, I think with Adobe Echosign or something, and that went so smooth it got me thinking I should have clients sign contracts online.

May 15, 2015 at 11:39 AM
ataleahead

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

Last time I tried DigiSigner, they didn't allow adding form fields (like phone number etc). Have they added that?

The most cost-effective solution I've come across is CudaSign, which is $12/year and does everything I need. If I had a higher volume of contracts, I'd go with RightSignature ($156/year), which looks a bit nicer and has the time-saving feature of auto-detecting PDF form fields.

May 17, 2015 at 02:48 AM
evertdoorn
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

CudaSign looks pretty sweet! Is it right that you can only create a link (instead of email invite) if you have the premium version?

May 17, 2015 at 04:30 AM
mikethevilla
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

amonline wrote:
I just create and use my own PDF form for free. Simple.

+1

May 17, 2015 at 04:35 AM
teacher386
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

I use 17hats.

May 17, 2015 at 07:54 AM
Nathan Padgett
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

evertdoorn wrote:
CudaSign looks pretty sweet! Is it right that you can only create a link (instead of email invite) if you have the premium version?

CudaSign is awesome. $1 a month. Hard to beat that. You can send email invites with the $1 a month version. You can also have templates.

I had HelloSign before Cudasign, and it's just too pricey. They are very similar overall.

May 19, 2015 at 05:23 PM
mci2727
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

Can you add required forms, is it very user friendly etc. with CudaSign?
(ie like my video shows DigiSigner is?)

May 19, 2015 at 06:40 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

I use cudasign. I love it.

May 20, 2015 at 09:25 AM
markt21

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · What do you use for signing contracts online?

I've switched over to www.skySignature.com it's the cheapest alternative I've found and really easy to learn.

May 21, 2015 at 12:41 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.