FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · NIK Plug ins

Image Group
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · NIK Plug ins

Hey all...so I just finished dumping over $950 in hardware into my Mac Pro (Early 2008) I maxed out the RAM at 32 GB and I added a 480GB PCIe SSD card. It's screaming fast. However, my NIK Plugins for CS6 still takes about 35 seconds per photo to render and save. I don't remember having this problem with CS3. Does anyone else use NIK Plugins and do you also suffer from the rendering and saving? It doesn't sound like much but when you multiply that over a wedding or two that 35 seconds adds up to a lot of wasted time. If anyone here has any input to deal with the Plugins I could use some solid advice.

May 13, 2015 at 05:55 PM
JPuckettPhoto
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · NIK Plug ins

Rendering is more of a CPU-intensive task, unfortunately RAM and faster hard drive wouldn't help with that. I would think saving would be faster but there must be more going on under the hood when it's saving.

May 13, 2015 at 06:39 PM
Image Group
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · NIK Plug ins

So nobody has any insight?

May 14, 2015 at 12:30 AM
skasol
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · NIK Plug ins

I use them and it doesn't take my iMac 27" 3.4 32GB of ram and 768SSD that long, maybe 10 sec

May 14, 2015 at 12:53 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.