Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Setup for Machias Is Puffin tour?

Tim Brooks
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Setup for Machias Is Puffin tour?

Hi, I've snagged a spot in late June and wonder if anyone has some suggestions for equipment. I have a Canon 5DII and 50D, and 70-200 F4 IS, 100-400 L v1, and 24-105 L. Do you think I should bring everything in a backpack and is there room for a tripod in the blind? Anything else I should be prepared for?
Thanks, Tim

May 12, 2015 at 05:35 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Setup for Machias Is Puffin tour?

Tripod in a blind ... No. Your 100-400 should be enough to capture 95% of your images. The cutouts are small and limit your ability to track IF. Time in a blind is max 90 minutes. Best if you have 2-days scheduled. Good luck.

May 12, 2015 at 07:03 PM
Tim Brooks
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Setup for Machias Is Puffin tour?

Thanks Ted, I just have one day. The charter was able to fit me an already full week. Do you think the 5D2 would be able to track the puffins, or should I use the 50D?

May 12, 2015 at 09:00 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Setup for Machias Is Puffin tour?

take your favorite body, the 100-400 is fine also.. i'd try not to get in a blind with 3 other photographers also.. good luck and welcome to Canada

May 13, 2015 at 04:54 AM
Tim Brooks
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Setup for Machias Is Puffin tour?

Thanks kumroe, I get the "Welcome to Canada" ... I read the island ownership is still in dispute between you folks and US. Like the puffins really care which flag flies on the island.

May 13, 2015 at 10:26 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.