Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Nike Cross Nationals (XC)

jimmyhickey
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nike Cross Nationals (XC)

Had a blast with this set - despite getting covered in mud from layout down in a mud puddle to get the shot haha

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

Some of the image use across Nike Running Instagram, Twitter & Facebook

May 05, 2015 at 12:54 PM
rerdreb
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nike Cross Nationals (XC)

You did an excellent job capturing not only the conditions but the emotion of the event. I really like the perspectives especially in #2. you did a great job with these.

May 08, 2015 at 10:18 PM
jimmyhickey
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nike Cross Nationals (XC)

rerdreb wrote:
You did an excellent job capturing not only the conditions but the emotion of the event. I really like the perspectives especially in #2. you did a great job with these.

Thank you kindly! Had a blast with this set to say the least haha

May 11, 2015 at 05:45 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nike Cross Nationals (XC)

great set!

May 12, 2015 at 04:26 AM
fuggedit

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nike Cross Nationals (XC)

Awesome set! Your creative framing ideas are great! #2 for me!

John

May 12, 2015 at 08:42 AM
nobake1

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nike Cross Nationals (XC)

thanks for posting these - a lot of great ideas here for fall x-country.

matt

May 12, 2015 at 12:03 PM
myboostedgst
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nike Cross Nationals (XC)

The emotion in these images is unbelievable. I can see myself in these photos; the struggle, the pain, the raw emotion and determination, and the utter exhilaration of crossing that line first.

The second last image of the guy pumping his fist coming across the line speaks to me the most. Brings me back to a time during a 800m during Sectionals in High School. I set the kid in front of me up perfectly. I settled in right behind him; he could just tell I was there waiting for him to make that slight misstep. As we came across the 200m mark, I could see my coach off turn 3 screaming at me, "He's right where you want him. He's right where you want him. Just you wait". I took a deep breath and settled in. You could here the kid in front of me breathing heavily, as his coach is yelling at him "He's right on you. You have to move". It was at that instant I knew; he was done.

400m later I could see my coach again, I was just a foot off of the kids heels. This time there was no screaming. Just a single, loud voice; "It's go time". At that second I stepped into lane two as I elongated my stride and within two steps was along side the kid. His coach screaming, "He's coming! He's Coming!" I didn't care that I was on the outside lane and was going to run 5m longer. I didn't care that my legs were burning. I glanced over at him right as he glanced over at me. That split second I saw true fear in his eyes. His knee buckled ever so slightly, the type of buckling that all runners encounter when they are getting tired, and that was it. By the end of the 800m, I had 10m on him. I crossed the line pumping my fist. I didn't care what anyone thought. I didnt care that it was only the first heat of the day and there were two runners from the next heat that were going to surpass my time. I could only beat the kids in my heat. As I crossed that line, everything that I worked so hard for, that I trained for, that I sacrificed for, became so clear. It was this moment. This is what it was all for.

Track and Cross country were my two favorite things about High School. You managed to capture the feelings, excitement, and raw emotion that comes with a race of this caliber. Simply excellent images. Please continue to provide these quality of images for the sake of future generations of runners. The only regret I have about XC or Track, is not having enough photos to supplement my memories.

May 18, 2015 at 10:44 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.