Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · (Question) Landscape Processing - Tutorials and Recommendations?

thebeginning
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · (Question) Landscape Processing - Tutorials and Recommendations?

Hey all,

I've toyed a bit in landscape/nature photography, but have never studied how to properly edit them (tastefully but powerfully).

Any recommendations on where to start? There are thousands of tutorials out there for fashion retouching and color correction, but I haven't found many good ones for properly editing landscape colors, layering, multiple exposures, etc.

Not sure if it helps, but I have a few landscapes in here:

www.instagram.com/danielcolvin

(all cropped square, which hurt pretty bad)

Any suggestions on first steps would be much appreciated. Thanks!

May 05, 2015 at 12:11 AM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · (Question) Landscape Processing - Tutorials and Recommendations?

A review of your landscapes shows that they look quite nice.

What is it about your images you do not care for? Or, what are you specifically trying to do with them that you cannot?

May 05, 2015 at 08:46 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · (Question) Landscape Processing - Tutorials and Recommendations?

In general, you post an image here, following the posting guidelines, and see the reaction as this is a presentation forum.

There is activity over on the "Photo Critique" forum where people ask lots of processing questions / advice on their images.

Also, there are plenty of books and you tube videos out there for resources. I have an entire bookcase filled with books on processing, locations, camera use...

Landscape photography isn't just about post processing, although that is important. It's all actions leading up and capturing the image you start with. Post processing can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear (although many try). It can enhance a good image and make it look it's best. Or, if desired, take a natural scene and convert it into digital art.

May 05, 2015 at 09:00 AM
Bjadelberg
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · (Question) Landscape Processing - Tutorials and Recommendations?

I teach post processing via Skype if interested in more details visit my website at BrianAdelbergPhotography.com. Not sure if this is what your looking for.

May 05, 2015 at 12:22 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · (Question) Landscape Processing - Tutorials and Recommendations?

There are quite a few such things available. My friend Michael Frye has a couple that I know about — one specific to landscape photography and Lightroom and another more generally about digital landscape photography. Take a look here.

Dan

May 05, 2015 at 02:24 PM
Shutterbug2006
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · (Question) Landscape Processing - Tutorials and Recommendations?

Bjadelberg wrote:
I teach post processing via Skype if interested in more details visit my website at BrianAdelbergPhotography.com. Not sure if this is what your looking for.

Wow. Two hours to cover everything!

May 17, 2015 at 12:15 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · (Question) Landscape Processing - Tutorials and Recommendations?

Shutterbug2006 wrote:
Wow. Two hours to cover everything!

That's very efficient. After about 50 years I'm still learning...

May 17, 2015 at 05:04 PM
Greg Campbell
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · (Question) Landscape Processing - Tutorials and Recommendations?

ckcarr wrote:
There is activity over on the "Photo Critique" forum where people ask lots of processing questions / advice on their images.

Yea!
Throw those starving hyenas a few images and see what they come up with. Just be sure to stand well clear of the bars....

May 17, 2015 at 09:35 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.