FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today

New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today
New Canon mail-In rebates on lenses start today with savings up to $200

These discounts last until May 30th. Savings go up to $200.

See all eligible lenses at B&H Photo and Adorama.

Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM Lens for $799 after $200 mail-in rebate

May 03, 2015 at 05:34 PM
aubsxc
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today

Thanks for posting this. I am thinking about picking up the 16-35/4L IS for the convenience and improved image quality over my 17-40/4L (and two Canon TS-E primes, the 17 and 24mm) to cover the range.

May 04, 2015 at 04:40 PM
BostonGreg
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today

Wait for a better promotion. These rebates are often doubled and "instant" so you don't have to tear apart your new box and wait a month for a gift card.

May 04, 2015 at 08:48 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today

How reliable are the mail-in rebates? In the past Canon used some shady processing companies that were notorious for denying payouts.

EBH

May 04, 2015 at 09:48 PM
tarzan1234

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today

EB-1 wrote:
How reliable are the mail-in rebates? In the past Canon used some shady processing companies that were notorious for denying payouts.

EBH

I've had good experience with Canon's rebates. Got my money back every time. Just ordered a 16-35 f/4 to replace my 17-40. I've had my eyes on this lens since its release but decided to wait for the price to drop under $1000.

May 05, 2015 at 12:00 AM
erikburd
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today

EB-1 wrote:

EBH

I've been burned enough times in the past by other companies not paying at all, so I don't consider "mail-in rebates" when purchasing an item. I figure if they want my business that bad, then give me the rebate when I actually purchase it.

May 05, 2015 at 02:21 AM
Tom_W
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today

I've never had an issue with Canon's mail-in rebates. I recall that there were issues several years ago when one outfit through which Canon issued rebates was "difficult" (for lack of a better word) but I don't recall hearing about issues since.

Just be sure to follow the instructions precisely.

May 05, 2015 at 06:16 AM
Tom_W
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today

Side note - I notice that they've added the 50/1.4 and 85/1.8 among others to the list of rebate-available lenses. These are the things of which rumors are made.

May 05, 2015 at 06:17 AM
dboreham

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today

EB-1 wrote:

My recent experience has been good. Got the money fairly quickly without trouble. As with all rebates though, you should photograph or copy everything you send in, including the envelope (because the rebate can be denied through mis-addressing the envelope, even just a little in a way that doesn't affect actual delivery or failing to apply proper postage).

Years ago Canon used a somewhat shady (allegedly) company to process their rebates and (again, allegedly) that company would toss some fraction of the submissions into the trash and keep the proceeds for themselves. Of course this garnered Canon some significant level of negative PR and one assumes that they realized that paying up on their rebates is an important part of staying in business long-term. Lesson learned. Allegedly.

May 05, 2015 at 01:38 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today

dboreham wrote:
Years ago Canon used a somewhat shady (allegedly) company to process their rebates and (again, allegedly) that company would toss some fraction of the submissions into the trash and keep the proceeds for themselves. Of course this garnered Canon some significant level of negative PR and one assumes that they realized that paying up on their rebates is an important part of staying in business long-term. Lesson learned. Allegedly.

From 2008:
Canon Rebate Processor Files for Bankruptcy

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

May 05, 2015 at 01:47 PM
rico
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today

What a coincidence! I just announced my Rico Lens Rebate to Canon. They are invited to ship a few lenses of my choice at $10 each. 16 weeks later, I will pay the balance of the price, but only if they mail the original UPC label on my purchase order, cut really nicely. Only one UPC label per envelope, please.

May 05, 2015 at 10:18 PM
Chris Anthony
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today

I played the rebate game earlier this year for a 5D3, and pixma pro 100 printer. It was a double rebate totaling $650. I admittedly was a bit nervous about the whole thing, but it all worked out and I got my rebate cards which I promptly used to fund a new RRS tripod. I haven't read about any shady rebate issues for a while, but I much prefer the instant rebates when possible

May 05, 2015 at 10:27 PM
BostonGreg
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today

These mail in rebates are 100% legit and always arrive in 2-4 weeks after submitting your paperwork and proof of purchase. They send you a pre-paid AMEX gift card with Canon logo for the full amount-no checks.

May 05, 2015 at 11:52 PM
paylessjim

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today

Thanks for posting this, OP. I've been keeping an eye on the 100mm macro, so I pulled the trigger when this $50 mail-in rebate came up. Bought from Adorama through eBay.

Why through eBay?

I have been doing searches for the 100mm f2.8L on eBay for the last couple of weeks or so. Then as this rebate offer came along, eBay offers me up to 4X eBay Bucks or 8% of purchase price, for a limited time. That's $71.92 credit for the $899 purchase. Stack that with the $50 mail-in rebate, and we're in the ballpark of used 9+ lenses in the market. With mfg warranty, to boot.

I don't believe this is an accident on eBay's part. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me in the last 6 months. I guess their marketing algorithm software does some pretty good data mining.

May 10, 2015 at 12:00 AM
aubsxc
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · New Canon Mail-In Rebates on Lenses Start Today

In recent years, I have not had a single issue with a Canon MIR. For the high dollar rebates I will send the rebate application via registered mail to get proof of delivery. My rebate experience for non Canon items has also been perfect in the recent past. I have submitted and received every single one of about 10 rebates in the last 8 months, mostly related to computer hardware. It is important to read the fine print and follow the rules exactly.

May 10, 2015 at 05:16 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.