Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

Jim McCann
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

Just downloaded LR6, imorted some imagess and processed them in Develop. When I go back to Library they appear significantly different and not to my liking. They export in the same manner, not to my liking. What am I doint wrong? I'm on a PC with Win7 64bit.

Thanks for any help you could offer. Adobe was absolutely no help at all.

May 01, 2015 at 12:34 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

No ida what you could be doing but all edits I make in develop show up in Library and in the export

Mac user though

if you go back into the develop mode are all the edits applied to the image ?

May 01, 2015 at 01:46 PM
Jim McCann
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

Yes sir, they are. Never had this problem with any other version of LR. Quite strange.

May 01, 2015 at 01:53 PM
Jim McCann
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

For everyone's information...on a different site it was suggested I go into LR6 Preferences and disable the GPU, the graphics card, and perhaps this will fix the problem. Well, it did. Of course, now I'm not sure what happens with that graphics card no available? I'm not that computer savvy. I'm a photographer. But so far things are working okay.

May 02, 2015 at 09:16 PM
DavidBM
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

There's no problem with disabling the graphics card, aside from a return to LR5 speeds with all the LR6 functions available.

But it mysteries me what was happening. Could it have been showing a cached JPEG or something?

May 02, 2015 at 10:40 PM
Jim McCann
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

Fellas, I dunno? I must admit how I'm a better photographer than I am a computer person. I'm going to now figure out how I update my graphics card whether that was the problem or not. I've just never thought of doing such a thing.

And netexpress, I have no idea what your graphic indicates. Thanks anyway, but computers still hold many mysteries from me.

May 03, 2015 at 12:50 AM
Jim McCann
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

FYI, I updated my graphics card (I didn't find that at all easy to do) and it did not fix the LR6 problem, so I'm back to having the card disabled. I'm "camping," but I'm not a happy camper.

May 03, 2015 at 12:25 PM
netexpress
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

Jim McCann wrote:
FYI, I updated my graphics card (I didn't find that at all easy to do) and it did not fix the LR6 problem, so I'm back to having the card disabled. I'm "camping," but I'm not a happy camper.

Don't worry about the graphic - the two helps apps only show up if you have graphics card acceleration enabled. They send your data to the graphics card for processing to speed things up. But if you disable it your data goes to the CPU instead which is slower. But it's a detail that doesn't really matter.

That really sucks Jim! You did download and install the latest graphics card driver from the manufacturer's web site didn't you?

I'm not really sure what's going on. If I come up with any other ideas or see a similar issue being discussed elsewhere I will let you know. It seems like you did your due diligence.

Sorry for the hassle!

May 03, 2015 at 01:21 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

Jim McCann wrote:

When you say you updated the graphic card , did you mean you bought a new one and installed it in the machine or did you just updated the drivers for your existing card ?

May 03, 2015 at 03:43 PM
FarmerJohn
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

Does re-generating the Previews help? There's an option in one of the menus... but not at my LR computer right now.

John

May 04, 2015 at 01:15 PM
Inga
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

FarmerJohn wrote:
Does re-generating the Previews help? There's an option in one of the menus... but not at my LR computer right now.

John

This seems worth investigating.

Library | Previews

You can delete all 1:1 previews and Smart previews from there, and also rebuilt previews once they have been deleted. Worth a shot.

May 04, 2015 at 10:24 PM
FarmerJohn
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

Inga wrote:

Library | Previews

You can delete all 1:1 previews and Smart previews from there, and also rebuilt previews once they have been deleted. Worth a shot.

Yep, that's the place. It will give you the option to discard or build previews for the single photo you have selected, or all the photos in the current view.

Try a few and see if that works?

May 05, 2015 at 12:05 AM
redcrown
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

All the internet boards I frequent are ripe with reports of problems with the GPU implementation in LR6 and ACR9.0.

Not too surprising because GPU technology is very complicated, varies widely between manufacturers, and is constantly changing. By the time Adobe tests a certain board, it's probably out of production and replaced by a newer model. And they simply can't test them all.

So, if the GPU on your system works, it's simply a matter of luck. Mine is a high end board, only 3 months old. It displays images properly, but Bridge and LR would crash randomly. I disabled GPU days ago and have not crashed since.

May 05, 2015 at 01:17 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

Inga wrote:

Library | Previews

Deleting the Smart Preview will have no effect at all . a Smart preview is only used if there is no original file present . . In fact a smart preview file isn't really a preview file at all . Its a Lower RES DNG raw file which LR will build its own ordinary and 1:1 (at the lower res size) preview of when there is no Original RAW file or standard/1:1 preview present .

Rebuilding a standard or 1:1 preview may have the desire effect but I would be surprised as those previews should automatically be updated after the edit has been done .

May 05, 2015 at 01:19 AM
Inga
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
Deleting the Smart Preview will have no effect at all . a Smart preview is only used if there is no original file present . . In fact a smart preview file isn't really a preview file at all . Its a Lower RES DNG raw file which LR will build its own ordinary and 1:1 (at the lower res size) preview of when there is no Original RAW file or standard/1:1 preview present .

Rebuilding a standard or 1:1 preview may have the desire effect but I would be surprised as those previews should automatically be updated after the edit
...Show more

True.

May 05, 2015 at 06:45 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

If I follow the OP's drift, he is saying he processes a file in the develop module and then when it's developed (into a TIFF or Jpeg) it doesn't look the same, even in LR, right?

This couldn't be as simple as a SRGB/AdobeRGB issue could it?

It looks ok until that colorspace is added in the conversion or whatever then it looks wrong because the monitor isn't set up for it? Or the viewer he is using isn't set up the same way as the finished file, that would probably do it.

May 05, 2015 at 12:48 PM
ohsnaphappy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but just exported a wedding from LR6 for the first time. The fans on my i7 iMac are revving up and down pretty often. They never once turned on during export in LR5. No noticeable speed increase unfortunately. Just fans...

May 05, 2015 at 07:02 PM
Jim McCann
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

Ian, Sorry I'm not back sooner, but I was camping in the Alaska wilderness and having fun surveying and photographing (when I could) sharp-tailed and ruffed grouse.

I updated the existing card on my machine.

Thanks everyone for the help. I'm a bit slow in the computer intelligence arena.

May 05, 2015 at 11:45 PM
Jim McCann
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · LR6 changes in Develop are significantly altered when exporting. Help!

And, of course, udating the drivers did nothing for my LR6 so I disabled the graphics card again.

May 06, 2015 at 02:57 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.