FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · After market battery grips for D810

architect7
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · After market battery grips for D810

Desmond79 wrote:
If your not getting the batteries with the dtse grip you may find yourself very disappointed. I really liked the idea of the infrared trigger on the dtse grip so i picked it up off of amazon 2 weeks ago now to pair with a d810.

The grip will not accept nikon branded batteries at all. You will only get a blinking dead battery screen. The grip did take the watson battery which worked for awhile, but now also shows as dead battery.

When it did work for it was fine. I'm not sure if its a Nikon fail
...Show more

My DSTE grip works great on my D810 with either of my OEM Nikon batteries inserted in the grip. First time I've heard of this issue.

May 01, 2015 at 03:12 AM
Desmond79
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · After market battery grips for D810

Hi architect7 yes. I had read the few reviews that I found on amazon about it and they were not very good. I still decided to take a chance as I just really liked the thought of the built in trigger since I tend to do a lot of self portraits. But much like described, with the nikon battery I get a blinking dead batt symbol in the top display and nothing else. With the watson batt. it actually did work for awhile. I came back to the camera the other day and it told me the batt was dead. took the grip off put the watson batt inside of the body and the batt shows about 80 percent life. O well you live and learn. I was actually waiting for the other company who made the grip for the d750 which also has a built in trigger to come out with one for the d810. I have a wedd to do so I just got antsy and got the flashpoint again.

Its possible I could have just got a bad copy, but the few reviews I did read pretty much summed up my experience.

May 01, 2015 at 05:05 AM
architect7
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · After market battery grips for D810

Aha, I see now, looks like we have different grips...I went for the regular non IR trigger grip. Maybe try it instead, works great for me so far though no IR remote capability:

http://www.amazon.com/DSTE-MB-D12-Battery-Digital-Camera/dp/B00E93JG6S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1430505441&sr=8-3&keywords=dste+d810+grip

May 01, 2015 at 01:39 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.