Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Canon 1D and quick release recommendations and prevention :)

chasphoto2015
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 1D and quick release recommendations and prevention :)

Hello Members:
I just picked up my first monopod. Bought a Manfrotto 682 B with 056 3D head. What quick release plate do you recommend, have a 100-400 L version 1 and 300 L F 4 lenses ? I noticed some cameras for sale have a tripod indentation mark from securing the tripod mount to the camera. My new to me Canon 1 D mark 3 and 1DS mark 2 are pristine and do not want this from happening on baseplates. What can I do or buy to prevent this issue ? Thanks a lot !!!

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:18 PM
hotdog12
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 1D and quick release recommendations and prevention :)

I'm not sure what marks you might be talking about, but I've been using the Manfrotto hexagonal quick release plates on my tripod, monopod and Super Clamps for decades. Zero slippage, no marks. They come in two varieties: screw mount and thumb mount designs.

http://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-030VHS--14-Hexagonal-Locating/dp/B0019HQPDE/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1430245094&sr=8-8&keywords=bogen+quick+release+plates

Apr 28, 2015 at 01:20 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 1D and quick release recommendations and prevention :)

The Manfrotto RC-2 system would be fine for what you have. OTOH, the Arca-Swiss system works for everything. It's a little more expensive, but it's worth it. Besides, you'll eventually figure out thet the A-S system is what you want, so why not go straight there?

I use RRS (Really Right Stuff) L-brackets on my 1D-series and 6D cameras, and a variety of RRS and Hejnar QR clamps, plates, and rails.

Apr 28, 2015 at 01:29 PM
chasphoto2015
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 1D and quick release recommendations and prevention :)

Thanks for the advice. Decided to go with the Manfrotto RC 2 system.

Apr 28, 2015 at 05:38 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.