New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Outsourced Editing

mthowell

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Outsourced Editing

I did a search here and in the post processing forum and kept getting 0 results..so I must not be calling it the right name.

My wife and I own a small photography business and as we are growing and word of mouth is spreading, we are finding that the services of an outsourced editing company/person may be required. We also have 4 kids who are seeing the toll the excess editing is taking!

We are mostly family photographers from newborns and family portraits (my wife also has a niche in actual birth photography but we don't feature that). We have recently moved into more day-in-the-life style photographs as we had a session and it really speaks to our style. Through word of mouth from related parties of the family work, we usually book 4-6 weddings a year, but it's not our main line of business. Also, through some charity work, we have also done some event photography.

So, looking for recommendations, and any testimonials. We don't really fit the profile for some of the unlimited plans that certain companies offer.

Thanks in advance for any information that you have.

Apr 27, 2015 at 04:03 PM
Squirrely Eyed
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Outsourced Editing

Unfortunately I don't have any specific recommendations, but you may have more luck posting in the wedding forum. I believe it's a common practice in the wedding industry due to the high volume of shots.

Apr 27, 2015 at 04:43 PM
mthowell

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Outsourced Editing

Thanks...that's the sense I got from the companies' and their targeted marketing websites. Just thought that maybe there were some people photographers who use them too. Thank you thought for responding so I can readdress.

Apr 27, 2015 at 05:00 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Outsourced Editing

Just share/cross-post the post over to the Wedding forum. A number of people there use outsourced editing, and hardlyboring, for one, offers it.

Apr 27, 2015 at 08:07 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.