New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Front Focusing D750

rmp15

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Front Focusing D750

Hello All,

So I finally got the D750 and am going to be selling my Mk3 and some lenses. However, I purchased two D750' along with the Sigma 35 Art, the 85 1.4G and the 50 1.4D. When AF fine tuning the lenses both cameras required +20 to get the Sigma and 85 aligned. They front focused severely (ironically the old 50 1.4 was perfect on both cameras). The Sigma is now spot on but the 85 could have used +22 if it were there. Has anyone else found this to be the case with their 750's? I have 3 canon FF cameras and none of them have required anything that severe. I was using them with either L lenses or the Sigma Art as well. The images seem fine now coming from the 750 but if it goes out of alignment again it will be unfixable. If anyone has had similar experiences, what have you done? Should I ask BH to replace both cameras? They are only 1 week old. If anyone replaced their cameras, did the replacements do the same thing? So far I love the camera and the images it can produce but the extreme Front Focusing is a little concerning. Thanks to all in advance for your help!

Rick

Apr 26, 2015 at 12:27 PM
cvrle59
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Front Focusing D750

I have similar story...
After 6 years being very happy user of D700 (sold t), I started looking around to see how mirrorless would fit instead, and I've got badly infected by Fuji. The problem was splitting with Nikon, it didn't go so easy. I actually made decision initially to stay on and I purchased brand new D750 with 24-120 F4. I used to owe that lens, and I knew exactly what I could get out of it, but the copy I received was nowhere sharp like the one I used to owe. Even worse, I had to tune camera to +20 to make it right. I wasn't sure what was bad camera or lens, so I put my 85mm F1.8 G on, which was always sharp without any camera correction on D700. Even that lens was front focusing the same way, and it needed +20. I had a sleepless night after testing, but I made final decision. I returned D750 and the lens, in favour of Fuji X-T1 and 56mm F1.2.
Every Fuji lens I tried so far is exceptional, and sharp wide open, even Sigma 35mm Art would be embarrassed by.
When I returned that kit back to the store, the guy inside commented that lens wasn't sitting tight enough in camera flange, but I wasn't interested in that comment at all, as I said, I had my decision already made. I am not sure if that was the problem or not, but something to think about.

Apr 26, 2015 at 02:11 PM
rmp15

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Front Focusing D750

Hey thanks for the reply. I'm not looking at this point to go back to aps-c but those are great cameras. I am going to return the lens as I can't get it aligned completely with the Camera. It's a shame because it seems like a great lens

Apr 27, 2015 at 04:10 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.