Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · First LL poster attempt, CC appreciated!

Corillien
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · First LL poster attempt, CC appreciated!

Since the just selling prints from my site is not getting me much in the way of income, I wanted to try out posters. I know I have a ton of work to do on the business side of things and figured offering something like this might be a good first step.

So a) what do you think of the image/poster and b) what is a reasonable price for something like this (I was thinking somewhere between $75-100 for a 16x20)? Let me know if you need to see it larger. Also, the shot on the top right is him holding his first home run ball of the season (hard to see small but the coach wrote his name, HR and the date on the ball). I've been so impressed by many of the posters I've seen on here - by comparison I worry this is too simple (lacking some of the neat textures/backgrounds I've seen, etc.). Also, not sure if the text for his name is too small/plain. Additionally, I'm wondering if perhaps I overused the scoreboard image? Thanks as always for your time and insights!

Edited on May 07, 2015 at 07:33 PM · View previous versions

Apr 25, 2015 at 04:27 PM
Corillien
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · First LL poster attempt, CC appreciated!

And here's a second attempt, using photos from last year and some textures and such I found, going for a more grunge/conceptual design:

Again, any CC greatly appreciated.

Edited on May 07, 2015 at 07:33 PM · View previous versions

Apr 26, 2015 at 11:16 PM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · First LL poster attempt, CC appreciated!

Although the second one is better, in both posters the BG is monopolizing the real estate. Let it be about THEM.

Apr 27, 2015 at 02:57 PM
Corillien
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · First LL poster attempt, CC appreciated!

P Alesse wrote:
Although the second one is better, in both posters the BG is monopolizing the real estate. Let it be about THEM.

Thanks as always Paul. Was thinking that may be the case.... Glad i confirmed. I'll reconfigure soon.

Apr 27, 2015 at 06:36 PM
John Patrick
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · First LL poster attempt, CC appreciated!

Not a bad start, but I'm not too big of the floating fielder/pitcher or the lower right photo being so small in the first one.

For the second one, not a fan at all of the font, and what about changing the orientation?

As for pricing, it depends on the area. Are you designing a template that others will look similar to? If so, the price is expected to be lower, like $50-60 for a 16x20. Or is it custom? If so, stress the custom part and go at least $90+.

John

Apr 27, 2015 at 06:48 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.