Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Location Tips in/around Sedona, AZ ???

ozmoses
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Location Tips in/around Sedona, AZ ???

I'm heading to Sedona on Monday 4/27 through Saturday. Looking for shooting location tips (times) in and within 2 hours of Sedona.

Thanks!

Apr 24, 2015 at 05:18 PM
Craig Gillette
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Location Tips in/around Sedona, AZ ???

If you can get to an Auto Club, (and it's still an available product) get the AAA Indian Country "map." It's a handy guide to the greater 4 corners area with info on many of the various national and state parks and monuments, etc. Two hours (one way) I think gets you to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon but there are a number of spots closer, with the red rock county of Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon being the closest.

Apr 24, 2015 at 10:42 PM
MalbikEndar
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Location Tips in/around Sedona, AZ ???

Given that you are starting out in Sedona, with a huge number of photo opportunities just for the walking...the only things I can think of that would be BETTER are significantly outside of a 2 hour drive.

Apr 25, 2015 at 10:10 AM

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Location Tips in/around Sedona, AZ ???

Yeah, there's really a lot of options in Sedona and also within 2 hours drive. Is there anything in particular that you're interested in shooting?

Even though it's a bit iconic I would recommend a sunset session shooting Cathedral Rock from the Red Rock Crossing/Crescent Moon Ranch area. Lot's of opportunities there if you explore along the creek. Also take a drive up hwy 89A through Oak Creek Canyon. If you get tired of the red rocks keep going north to Flagstaff and take the loop road through Sunset Crater and Wupatki for some different and unique scenery. Of course the Grand Canyon south rim is also not much over 2 hours away as well...

Apr 26, 2015 at 09:23 PM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Location Tips in/around Sedona, AZ ???

Sedona by itself is quite overwhelming with photo opportunities, but if you feel you do not get enough, there are Jerome, V-bar-V ranch, Montezuma Castle, Wupatki ruins, Granite Dells - all within 1 hour. That's beside Grand Canyon, of course.

Sasha

Apr 27, 2015 at 02:15 PM
MalbikEndar
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Location Tips in/around Sedona, AZ ???

> Sedona by itself is quite overwhelming with photo opportunities, but if you feel you do not get enough, there are Jerome, V-bar-V ranch, Montezuma Castle, Wupatki ruins, Granite Dells - all within 1 hour. That's beside Grand Canyon, of course.

I forgot Granite Dells, although that is more than an hour away through the mountains. Beautiful and very different from Sedona.

V-bar-V is very close to Sedona, check opening days, if you get there on a sunny day you can snap the solar calendar.

I have found Montezuma Castle to be one shot and I have found the Wupatki ruins difficult to photograph.

There are ruins at Honaki but only for those with high-clearance vehicles.

Walnut Canyon near Flagstaff is interesting too for ruins. If you do birds go to Page Springs.

Apr 27, 2015 at 04:02 PM
msoomro
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Location Tips in/around Sedona, AZ ???

tag for ref

Sep 23, 2015 at 01:50 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Location Tips in/around Sedona, AZ ???

The iconic Red Rock crossing is perhaps the most famous of Sedona photography locations. There are numerous other locations. Here is another location, near Slide Rock State Park, located just outside Sedona.

Have a great time.
Maji

Slide Rock State Park __DSC1743_Crop by _Maji_, on Flickr

Sep 24, 2015 at 01:36 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.