New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Dxo Optics Pro 10 and GPU

Lucky Sky

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dxo Optics Pro 10 and GPU

Problem (I'll try to keep it short):

Current Asus laptop: 1920x1068 HD screen, 1TB SSD, 16 GB RAM and Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz Turbo Boost to 3.4GHz and an Nvidia GT 635M GPU with 2GB RAM. Win 8.1 64 bit.

Upgraded recently to Lightroom v6.

The clock speed of the CPU is too slow for my Nikon D810 files (40-50MB) causing pixilation of many images.

The fix is (in the Library Mode) to zoom 1:1 on an image and the Turbo Boost kicks in and the image renders correctly with no pixilation.

Now, with this new version of Lightroom, the software utilizes the GPU (BUT ONLY IN THE DEVELOP MODULE) which Adobe says is by design. Images rendered in the Develop Module render correctly with the GPU running.

So, in the Library Mode, I have to always zoom 1:1 to get rid of any pixilation.

But courtesy of the GPU kicking in only in the Develop Module, I no longer have to zoom 1:1 to activate the Turbo Boost as I must to when in the Library.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My Q, DxO users is:

I know that Optics Pro 10 uses the onboard GPU.

Does that onboard GPU works in all modes of operation, or will I have to manually kick up the CPU speed by zooming in as I have to do in Lightroom v6 when in the Library Module?

IOW, I need for Optics Pro to use the GPU all the time no matter what section of the software I'm using.

Thanks for any answers out there.........

--
Lucky Sky
Your photographs are your moments in time

Apr 23, 2015 at 05:30 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dxo Optics Pro 10 and GPU

Specifying 1:1 Previews when you import your images should resolve your library module viewing issues.

Apr 23, 2015 at 06:31 PM
Lucky Sky

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dxo Optics Pro 10 and GPU

Snapsy-

Thank you for your quick reply.

Shall I take your answer to mean that Optics Pro 10 does *not* use GPU support in what I call the "Library Module"? (Sorry for using Adobe Talk)

Apr 24, 2015 at 02:32 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.