New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · LR6 - Suppress "Take your Lightroom Everywhere" Msg

dhphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LR6 - Suppress "Take your Lightroom Everywhere" Msg

I don't want to be in the cloud, I don't want to use LR on a mobile device, I just want to use LR the way I always have.

Anyone kow how to suppress the goddam message that pops up every time I open the program??

Ugh, Adobe, Lightroom was great, why screw it up!

Apr 23, 2015 at 08:26 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LR6 - Suppress "Take your Lightroom Everywhere" Msg

I'm not sure if it will work, but I noticed that this feature is located in the top left where your name is. If you click on it you should see an option to turn it on or off I think. But again, I'm not sure if this will help stop the issue you are having. I have not closed and reopened LR6 yet so I might have the same issue.

On my second attempt to install I went ahead and said yes so that it turned on but noticed it's a 30 day trial marketing scheme thing. (Thanks Adobe)
So maybe you will have to wait for it to expire if the above idea doesn't work.

Apr 23, 2015 at 08:33 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LR6 - Suppress "Take your Lightroom Everywhere" Msg

Hi, thanks for posting

Yes I made the mistake of not saying no and started the trial, I can see no way out of it now.

It's such a shame Adobe can make such great software then they cock it up by insisting on monthly payment or scams like this

EDIT: From what I can see you can't cancel it there, sadly

Apr 23, 2015 at 08:38 AM
Savas K
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · LR6 - Suppress "Take your Lightroom Everywhere" Msg

I recall trying to upgrade to CS6 and the difficulty in navigating to its concealed position on Adobe's site in order to upgrade. So I can imagine once those tentacles are in as to the OP's predicament, Adobe ain't letting go.

Apr 24, 2015 at 01:36 AM
Tim Knutson
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · LR6 - Suppress "Take your Lightroom Everywhere" Msg

Under preferences/ mobile something or other/ there is a button to "Delete all Data" It seems to be working for me.

Apr 26, 2015 at 07:27 PM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · LR6 - Suppress "Take your Lightroom Everywhere" Msg

Tim Knutson wrote:
Under preferences/ mobile something or other/ there is a button to "Delete all Data" It seems to be working for me.

That doesn't stop the program asking me if I want to backup to the Cloud every time I open it

Apr 27, 2015 at 01:21 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · LR6 - Suppress "Take your Lightroom Everywhere" Msg

David if you launch LR holding the Shift & Alt it resets the preferences and starts as if its a 1st time launch (get the tips box etc)
Maybe that will give you the box that you didn't say NO to the first time .

worth a try

Apr 27, 2015 at 01:37 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · LR6 - Suppress "Take your Lightroom Everywhere" Msg

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
David if you launch LR holding the Shift & Alt it resets the preferences and starts as if its a 1st time launch (get the tips box etc)
Maybe that will give you the box that you didn't say NO to the first time .

worth a try

Thanks Ian, didn't help. I hope when the trial expires it might go away, but knowing Adobe I doubt it

Apr 27, 2015 at 02:01 AM
Mnd1
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · LR6 - Suppress "Take your Lightroom Everywhere" Msg

I restored a Time Machine backup. It took 4 hours but it got rid of it. I had by then found the version that Adobe was hiding.

Apr 27, 2015 at 06:06 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · LR6 - Suppress "Take your Lightroom Everywhere" Msg

Mnd1 wrote:
I restored a Time Machine backup. It took 4 hours but it got rid of it. I had by then found the version that Adobe was hiding.

Thanks, but I have no idea what that means

Apr 27, 2015 at 07:43 AM
Mnd1
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · LR6 - Suppress "Take your Lightroom Everywhere" Msg

You loaded the CC version of Lightroom as I did initially. The only way I found to get rid if it was to restore a complete backup taken before I loaded the CC version. The non CC version is tucked away on the Adobe website to make it hard for you to find. They want you pay the $10 or whatever the subscription is in pounds so they make it difficult to find the paid and upgrade version LR6 as opposed to LR CC. If you don't have a backup to restore then somebody will find a way eventually to remove the CC version.

Apr 27, 2015 at 03:10 PM
netexpress
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · LR6 - Suppress "Take your Lightroom Everywhere" Msg

If you don't want to be "in the cloud" Lightroom 6 CC may not be the best option for you. You may be able to cancel. I bought the upgrade / perpetual license version of Lightroom 6 for $79 rather than pay $10/month for CC. It says the cloud-thingy will expire in 30 days. Under Edit | Preferences | Lightroom mobile I hit the "Delete All Data" button and made sure the trial was set not to "Join." I also logged into my Adobe account and disabled all the tracking they do. You may want to log into your Adobe account and check all the options that turn off collecting usage data and turn off pushing advertising.

Apr 27, 2015 at 04:22 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · LR6 - Suppress "Take your Lightroom Everywhere" Msg

But David DID NOT buy the CC cloud version . He has stated that he upgraded to lr6 standalone

Apr 27, 2015 at 04:33 PM
Mnd1
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · LR6 - Suppress "Take your Lightroom Everywhere" Msg

He wanted to buy the LR6 but he obviously got the CC version.

Apr 27, 2015 at 05:30 PM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · LR6 - Suppress "Take your Lightroom Everywhere" Msg

Thanks for that, I'm off out on a job now but will try it later

Edit: sadly that didn't work. Oh well, hopefully when the trial ends it will go away.

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:44 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.