Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2015 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

surfnron
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

Possibly...

http://www.canonrumors.com/

Ron

Apr 23, 2015 at 07:32 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

Does that do anything to address the mechanical defects?

EBH

Apr 23, 2015 at 08:15 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

"The issues with his camera have been autofocus related, and even after replacing parts of the camera, Canon service was still not happy with how it performed."

If this is a true statement, there are hardware and firmware issues.

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:09 AM
lowa2
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

I hope its true. I want to love my 7D2, but I'm not there yet.

Apr 23, 2015 at 04:14 PM
jimmy462
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

Whaaat?! After a 5-year development cycle we get re-fried sensor tech, no 4K and, now, an end-user beta-tested AF system? Oofah.

Apr 23, 2015 at 04:42 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

I'm also not totally satisfied with the consistency of the 7D2 AF. I think it is very nervous in AI servo and usually I have to take a burst of 2-4 shots to get one tack sharp. I think FW could help with this.

Apr 23, 2015 at 04:52 PM
paylessjim

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

arbitrage wrote:
I'm also not totally satisfied with the consistency of the 7D2 AF. I think it is very nervous in AI servo and usually I have to take a burst of 2-4 shots to get one tack sharp. I think FW could help with this.

Exactly the same sentiments here. I actually sent mine in for warranty repair: "...clean, check all, repair to good working order, ...". Still inconsistent, keeping my fingers crossed that the firmware update rumor is true.

Apr 23, 2015 at 08:00 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

lowa2 wrote:
I hope its true. I want to love my 7D2, but I'm not there yet.

I've been in no rush to buy one. My 1D IV is still doing nicely as my crop camera and while AF of 7D II appeals, must say I had hoped for more from the sensor even though it's better than 7D. I'm going to wait and see what the 5D IV brings to the table. Personally I'd take a 30+MP FF that does 7-8fps over a 1.6x cropper any day now.

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:27 PM
IndyFab
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

Pixel Perfect wrote:
I've been in no rush to buy one. My 1D IV is still doing nicely as my crop camera and while AF of 7D II appeals, must say I had hoped for more from the sensor even though it's better than 7D. I'm going to wait and see what the 5D IV brings to the table. Personally I'd take a 30+MP FF that does 7-8fps over a 1.6x cropper any day now.

I kind of been of the same mind set with regards to the 5D IV, only draw back is using the big tele's for reach

With that said, if the firmware resolves the issue's, you cant beat the Reach and FPS you get with the 7DII...

Apr 25, 2015 at 09:25 PM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

Just had one of my best days with the 7DII. Considering that it had to contend with a very bleak and cloudy day, the results were surprisingly decent - more quality shots and keepers than I had recently in better shooting conditions. This time the 7DII was coupled with the 500 mm Mark II.

I had an Error 01 condition during the shoot, and several instances of the setup switching randomly at times to Manual Focus from the AI Servo setting. Perhaps these were related. The camera was previously sent to CPS in for adjustments.

Now I'm wondering why I couldn't achieve such consistent quality before.

Db.

Apr 26, 2015 at 01:15 AM
dolina
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

I was told when I retrieved my 7D2 from servicing to expect a firmware update this week.

Apr 26, 2015 at 04:07 AM
paylessjim

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

Can't wait ... will be checking online everyday this week.

Photo of a rufous hummingbird during their annual migration stop over. Not too unhappy considering the degree of difficulty within branches of this flowering quince.

Rufous Hummingbird

Apr 26, 2015 at 03:03 PM
Thang
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

dolina wrote:
I was told when I retrieved my 7D2 from servicing to expect a firmware update this week.

I'll believe it when I see it....

Apr 27, 2015 at 01:34 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

IndyFab wrote:
I kind of been of the same mind set with regards to the 5D IV, only draw back is using the big tele's for reach

With that said, if the firmware resolves the issue's, you cant beat the Reach and FPS you get with the 7DII...

You get used to having a some less reach if you have excellent IQ. And you can use a 1.4x TC to claw back reach if needed.

Apr 27, 2015 at 03:04 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

jimmy462 wrote:
Whaaat?! After a 5-year development cycle we get re-fried sensor tech, no 4K and, now, an end-user beta-tested AF system? Oofah.

Just buy a competitor. They have new sensor technology, an AF system that is not end-user beta-tested and maybe even 4K video. Please sell your Canon gear. You'll be happier.

Apr 27, 2015 at 07:14 AM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

dolina wrote:

I just called CPS and the guy said he had not heard anything about a firmware update, and that they did not hear about the releases until they happened. I hope your guy was right and not the one I had because I am still not happy with the consistency or should I say inconsistency of the AF system on mine. I wanted to try updating it before sending it in yet again.

Apr 27, 2015 at 08:47 AM
dolina
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

Kathy White wrote:
I just called CPS and the guy said he had not heard anything about a firmware update, and that they did not hear about the releases until they happened. I hope your guy was right and not the one I had because I am still not happy with the consistency or should I say inconsistency of the AF system on mine. I wanted to try updating it before sending it in yet again.

I hope he is right as well. For all I know he heard it from a customer who reads CanonRumors.

Apr 27, 2015 at 11:37 AM
timgangloff
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

For the life of me I can't understand the folks who are holding on to poor performing 7d2s. Life is short. Return it the store you bought it from, send it back to Canon or sell the thing and get a 1d4. By the time you factor in a grip and extra battery, the 7d2 and 1d4 are not that far apart in price. And with the 1d4 you get a great AF system, second only to the 1dx.

I had the 7d2 and it was lousy. Fortunately, I returned it very quickly and moved on to a better body.

While some are getting nice shots with their 7d2s, many are still less than thrilled. I am not convinced all of the bad bodies are due to shooter error. Personally, I am not convinced firmware will fix the issue or that said firmware will come any time soon.

And Doctorbird, I find it a bit discouraging that your best day with the 7d2 still came with errors and camera mal-functions.

Apr 27, 2015 at 04:41 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

timgangloff wrote:
For the life of me I can't understand the folks who are holding on to poor performing 7d2s. Life is short. Return it the store you bought it from, send it back to Canon or sell the thing and get a 1d4. By the time you factor in a grip and extra battery, the 7d2 and 1d4 are not that far apart in price. And with the 1d4 you get a great AF system, second only to the 1dx.

I had the 7d2 and it was lousy. Fortunately, I returned it very quickly and moved on to a better body.

While
...Show more

I got burned by the 7D and won't make the same mistake twice. I'll take a wait and see approach and indeed 1D4 is an awesome camera and great price nowadays. Here's one from the 1D4 which typifies it's IQ

Giant Robber Fly

Apr 27, 2015 at 07:30 PM
hnilsson
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · New firmware for 7D II coming?

Well kids, I just got mine back from CPS here in Canada. They had it up until this past Friday. It arrived back home with the same firmware....for what it's worth. New firmware could still be coming but mine certainly didn't get it. And yes, I sent it in for consistently inconsistent focus in both one shot and AI Servo. It was one of the first ones out.

Apr 28, 2015 at 09:57 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.