New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · No response from seller

spitstickler

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · No response from seller

Before moving on down the road, how long of a wait is proper etiquette after you have contacted a seller with an offer to buy, but get no response from them? After no response after the first day, I attempted contact through the website listed in their profile. Still nothing.

It's only been 48 hours, and I know people have lives and things happen. They have 20+ good feedback, so I really think I should wait a few more days. I was just really hoping to have item in hand for an event this weekend and didn't see anything in the guidelines about this particular situation.

Apr 22, 2015 at 04:15 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · No response from seller

Whoever Seller is, Seller is doing you a favor. If it takes him/her/it/other 48 hours and you haven't heard back, I'd move on to a different seller. Hell, Seller is giving you a window to look through that allows you to see how the rest of the transaction with you might go. Were it I? I'd simply move on to somebody else. Just my .02$

Apr 22, 2015 at 04:55 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · No response from seller

I wouldn't hesitate to try sending another PM, but I also wouldn't hold my breath. As you said, things happen. OTOH, maybe it's already sold and the seller is a poor communicator (i.e. s/he doesn't care enough to tell you), or maybe the seller thinks you made a low ball offer, and has already given up on you. Regardless, it's probably out of your hands.

The FM B&S forum is not a managed buy and sell site. I thnk the basic guideline (aside from some details on what you can't do) is, "do unto others...".

Apr 22, 2015 at 04:59 PM
spitstickler

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · No response from seller

I appreciate the input. Not responding was not giving me a lot of confidence, but I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt. No harm - no foul. Moving On.

Apr 22, 2015 at 05:49 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · No response from seller

Good move!!! ^^^^^^^

Apr 23, 2015 at 08:42 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.