New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · LR6 and LR-Enfuse

Paulthelefty
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LR6 and LR-Enfuse

Anyone using LR-Enfuse with LR6 yet? I am too busy right now to take a chance on Enfuse not working when I upgrade.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Paul

Apr 22, 2015 at 01:47 AM
butchM
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LR6 and LR-Enfuse

I don't think much has changed in the SDK to cause problems with plugins ... Upgrading should not be much of a problem for two reasons: 1. Installing Lr 6/Lr CC will leave Lr 5.x in place. It will also leave your Lr 5.x libraries intact and in place if you need to revert back or just use the ew version with a test library for the interim. 2. Lr 6/Lr CC now has native HDR support. You may find you no longer need LR-Enfuse.

Apr 22, 2015 at 07:43 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LR6 and LR-Enfuse

This is a good question. I just started using LR-Enfuse and really like it but as butch points out, the built in HDR function sounds like it's a winner so Enfuse might not be needed any longer. I Really like the idea of staying inside of LR and having a 16-bit Floating-Point DNG file as a result to further process. This is huge in my book.

This in itself is enough justification for me to upgrade. Let alone the speed improvements I desperately need. Of course I'll probably have to upgrade my system a little to take advantage of it though.

Apr 22, 2015 at 08:23 AM
Paulthelefty
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · LR6 and LR-Enfuse

Thanks guys! I forgot that LR5 would still be there; it has been a while since the last upgrade. I am also interested to test and play with the new HDR and pano functions. Enfuse is good, but it is no speed demon.

I will try it on my laptop first since it is my secondary machine, but it may not be until next week since this is busy real estate season for me. I will check back in once I upgrade as well.

Meanwhile if anyone else go first... :-)

Paul

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:36 AM
Paulthelefty
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · LR6 and LR-Enfuse

Update: first I want to make it clear that I am a CC user; I did not realize the significance of LR 6 vs LR CC when I started this thread...

Second, I upgraded my MBp and Enfuse followed without any other action on my part, but I have not tested operation yet.

Paul

Apr 22, 2015 at 08:33 PM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · LR6 and LR-Enfuse

I posted this in another topic thread but thought I'd repeat it here.

I didn't get a chance to verify my LR-Enfuse is still working but I did try out the HDR feature in LR6 and I must say that I'm not impressed with the HDR results or interface at all. There's a radio check box to see what the ghosting effects and I see nothing change in areas that I suspect ghosting to be regardless of which amount I choose. And the zoom function is a joke while inside the HDR screen. It zooms to maybe a 1:24 or some crap. What the heck good is that! How about a 1:1 at least. The resulting image is no better than what I can get with LR-Enfuse from what little testing I did last night. And the 16-bit file didn't seem to give me any more wiggle room for adjustments than what I have with LR-Enfuse.

In all fairness, I need to play around with it more but this was my first impression. For real estate type work it will probably be fine but for landscapes I think I'm going to have to learn PS and start using luminosity mask to get my images where I want them.

Apr 23, 2015 at 09:53 AM
snapsy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · LR6 and LR-Enfuse

New version of LR-Enfuse released today fixes issues with LR6:

http://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrenfuse.php
https://forums.adobe.com/message/7472521#7472521

Apr 23, 2015 at 08:05 PM
Paulthelefty
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · LR6 and LR-Enfuse

Thanks for that info snapsy!

Another update from me: fully transferred to the updated LRCC and all my plug-ins, presets, and Enfuse moved over automatically. I did update Enfuse to the latest version, but I had not had any issues with the old one in my one day of using it.

Cheers all!

Paul

Apr 24, 2015 at 01:07 AM
Alex Nail
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · LR6 and LR-Enfuse

Personally I think (early days) I prefer Lightroom CC to LR Enfuse (which I didnt particularly like) but very few of my bracketted sequences have potential ghositng issues.

FYI the ghosting button does work for me and what it does is mask out (VERY CRUDELY) the areas where the scene has changed. It seems to give preference to the darker exposure (only tested a few times) and if you do a huge exposure boost the result is noise in the areas that are masked due to ghosting and no noise where there is no chosting (because it selects the brighter exposure with better SNR)

Apr 24, 2015 at 06:52 AM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · LR6 and LR-Enfuse

Does LR6 HDR let you batch, or do you have to do one set at a time?

Apr 24, 2015 at 08:13 PM
Larate
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · LR6 and LR-Enfuse

In case Lr Enfuse is no longer working, it is worth noting that this plug-in is just a simple (but paid) frontend to the complex (but free) lib Enfuse (and maybe Align_Image_Stack, don't remember). There are other front-end to the same lib. For example, on Mac OS X, I was using ImageFuser, a GUI frontend. I had the same results (regarding image fusion quality) as with Lr Enfuse.
Nevertheless, the weakness of that lib was image alignment, not talking about the lack of image deghosting (is that word exists?). For example Photomatix was really better at this task and allowed to remove ghost. Alas its fusion algorithm gave poor results (not talking about tone mapping), at least until a late v4 or v5 of the soft.

Apr 24, 2015 at 08:24 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.