New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Lightroom plugin sought

ebrandon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom plugin sought

I'm looking for a LR plug in that handles situations LR's built-in perspective adjustments can't handle.

Basically something like the transform/warp tools in Photoshop, as a LR plugin.

Typical scenarios would be:

(1) Something that was rectangular in real life and had to be shot at an odd angle -- easily picking the corner points and making it rectangular again

(2) A picture where some warping is required because no amount of playing with rotation, horizontal perspective, and vertical perspective is making ALL the lines straight.

Thanks for any advice!

Apr 21, 2015 at 08:18 PM
OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom plugin sought

Try DXO's View Point. Not exactly clear what all you're trying to do, but I use it to counter the effects of UWA to do things like make buildings stand up straight and other such things. The have a demo: www.dxo.com

Robert

Apr 21, 2015 at 08:30 PM
ebrandon
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom plugin sought

OntheRez wrote:
Try DXO's View Point. Not exactly clear what all you're trying to do, but I use it to counter the effects of UWA to do things like make buildings stand up straight and other such things. The have a demo: www.dxo.com

Robert

EXACTLY what I needed. Thank you so much.

Apr 21, 2015 at 08:46 PM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom plugin sought

Viewpoint works ok but (a) does not automatically locate the corners for you, and (b) results in a new image file separate from the original image that you were playing with in Lr.

It also works as a stand-alone program, so it's not tied to Lr.

One of its best features is that it can square up lines that do not actually meet, so that you don't have to rely on finding the corners when straight edges are available.

I don't know yet whether or not Lr CC does a better job than Lr 5 does, but I've been less than favourably impressed by the Lr upright tool. A manual tool is far more useful.

Apr 22, 2015 at 01:09 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.