Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Print prices in Contract?

SloPhoto
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Print prices in Contract?

For all of you who do not give digital files or who push to sell prints hard, do you include that pricing in your contract?

Or do you have another way to address the issue of clients complaining about "outrageous" print prices?

Apr 21, 2015 at 01:38 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Print prices in Contract?

1) Give them the expectation of pricing.
2) Include what they're actually buying in the contract and make it clear prices change over time.

Apr 21, 2015 at 02:13 AM
martsmith42
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Print prices in Contract?

I show my print prices along with the package costs. Far better to be up front and therefore no surprises with the clients!

Apr 21, 2015 at 02:14 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Print prices in Contract?

Current pricing is shown and offered during consultation. The choice to lock in pricing via package purchase is available at any time. Pricing is also subject to change at any time.

Apr 21, 2015 at 03:07 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Print prices in Contract?

I give them an estimate for large wall prints, it will vary very little depending on tne edition that image requires to look good.

I hardly do wee prints to give away to family and friends, unless they hit a minimum number of copies, when I quote numbers I put an expiring date for it, so even if production cost changes it wont hurt my "profit". I dont see myself printing photos of a wedding from 6 years ago. Anyway, small copy printing has gone down like crazy though the big wall one is still standing.

Never put this in the contract as I have to estimate the price. Talking about small printing, it is not the same 100 copies of a file than 1 copy of 100 files, and the combinations in between !, hard to writte down.

Apr 21, 2015 at 04:00 AM
g-money
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Print prices in Contract?

I show them what my print pricing is at the time of booking, but also have a clause in my contract stating products will be whatever cost they are at the time of order. I won't guarentee that prints /albums will be exactly the same price they are now a year from now when you are ready to order. I do explain that if there are price increases it is usually minimal.

Apr 21, 2015 at 07:05 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.