Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Bought: Nikon 1 V1, 2, or 3 camera with lens

jcnemy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bought: Nikon 1 V1, 2, or 3 camera with lens

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Nikon 1 V-series camera and lens

Bought

Price: $0.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new

Hi - looking at options of possibly augmenting my kit with a Nikon 1 V-series setup. Still researching about the system and the gear possibilities...so I'm considering all options.

Based on searching...not a lot for sale here in the forums....so I'm guessing everyone loves their Nikon 1s.

Anyways - if you are looking to sell or considering....please drop me an IM.

Thanks

JC

Apr 18, 2015 at 04:21 PM
tjstone-wa

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bought: Nikon 1 V1, 2, or 3 camera with lens

I have generally been happy with my Nikon 1 equipment as a supplement to my D800. I have 2 Nikon V1 bodies and a J1, which my wife prefers, see below. I appreciate the convenience of using the same battery and SD cards between the D800 and V1 and this is something, along with lack of CLS that has kept me from upgrading to the V2 or V3. I am curious if the V4 will check enough boxes for me to upgrading whenever it gets released.

If you do any telephoto work at all I think the V series is a no brainer coupled with a FT1 adapter. I have used mine extensively with the 70-200vr2 and now my lighter 70-200f4 and have generally been impressed at the ability to get useable pictures of my dogs handheld at long distances, assuming good light of course.

One thing I would caution especially with the V1 bodies is a problem with the camera switching between the EVF and the rear LCD. Both of my V1 bodies have had this problem and by cleaning the sensor next to the EVF sometimes it will work normally for awhile but honestly I have given up. Since most of my use is telephoto anyhow it is not much of an issue for me, plus I have generally avoided LCD use as I feel I can hold a camera much more steadily against my face. Sometimes as a walk around camera with the excellent 18.5 it can be annoying especially balancing it on a rock etc where it is difficult to compose using only the EVF. This is the reason my wife prefers the J1 as she much prefers using the LCD to EVF.

I, and probably many others, am on the fence about selling my V1. I am definitely keeping one V1 and the J1 bodies along with FT1, 6.7-13, 18.5, 10-30, 30-110, and my SB-N5 flash and RRS L bracket.

I could potentially sell one of my V1 bodies and have the 10-30, 30-110, and 10-100PD lenses that would be available. If you see anything you might be interested in send me a PM of what price including shipping (my zip is 37811, please include your zip; I'm guessing USPS will be most economical if you're not in a rush) and paypal fees you’d be willing to pay. I can send photos if you are serious.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:46 PM
jcnemy
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bought: Nikon 1 V1, 2, or 3 camera with lens

tjstone-wa wrote:
I have generally been happy with my Nikon 1 equipment as a supplement to my D800. I have 2 Nikon V1 bodies and a J1, which my wife prefers, see below. I appreciate the convenience of using the same battery and SD cards between the D800 and V1 and this is something, along with lack of CLS that has kept me from upgrading to the V2 or V3. I am curious if the V4 will check enough boxes for me to upgrading whenever it gets released.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Sorry for the delay...but a late thank you for your useful insight and information. I did end up getting a V2 and currently running it through it's spaces.....I believe it's a good fit to meet several requirements.

Again - thanks!

May 12, 2015 at 10:08 AM
wushumr2
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bought: Nikon 1 V1, 2, or 3 camera with lens

Tagged!

May 12, 2015 at 10:46 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.