Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · HS Varsity Baseball

amlsml
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · HS Varsity Baseball

Always carry my 200-400 and D3s. First baseball of the season. Game was going to wash out, but we got it in. Changeable sky , still was fun to shoot. Always welcome crit.

Apr 18, 2015 at 07:39 AM
timgangloff
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HS Varsity Baseball

Since you not gotten any comments, I throw a small critique at you.

1. Your best image of the bunch. But, the timing makes the pitcher look akward. He may be, but I try to make the players look good. A partial second earlier, as he is releasing ball and knee not on ground would probably be better.

2. A bit routine. Too loose. Horizon slightly off.

3. Routine, but not bad. Try to get ball closer to batter. I am not sold on BOB (ball on bat shots-cool), but I do like to see it closer to bat or maybe would rather even see follow through after the hit and see reaction.

4. Better batter shot. Good isolation. Sometimes I like to get a bit of the catcher in that shot, also watching the batted ball.

5. Way too loose. Capture the jube kinda fails here and faces are hard to see.

Kind of an unusal field... no high backstop? You'd have to be crazy to park behind home plate

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:21 AM
amlsml
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HS Varsity Baseball

Tim

Thanks. This was the JV field, due to the rain. Cars get hit all the time. Last season they got my windshield!!

Apr 23, 2015 at 07:02 PM
Gerry Szarek
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · HS Varsity Baseball

Pretty good shots I will give you my 2 cents in a world of nickels on #1. To get the best pic of the pitcher delivering the ball, first do it on a cloudy day this eliminates the shadow on the face however you are at the mercy of the weather, using a 7d at 8fps I find taking 3 sets will get me one pic of the ball just at the point of release. The first start should be in his windup, the 2nd a little latter, 3rd a little latter after that, the hardest to photograph are the side armers.

Good luck!

Apr 24, 2015 at 05:12 AM
Corillien
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · HS Varsity Baseball

Tim said everything, and more, of the CC I'd have given. That said, given the described variable lighting conditions, nicely done! 4 is my favorite (if there were anyway to clone out the spectator in the background, that'd be ace, but likely quite a difficult PS job). #2 is good action but as Tim said, tighter would be better. You were already at your max focal length - would it kill the IQ if you cropped it in post?

Apr 26, 2015 at 09:51 AM
amlsml
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · HS Varsity Baseball

I could have cropped it tighter without too much loss in IQ. Thanks Andy

Apr 27, 2015 at 09:28 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.