New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Lightroom dialogue box no longer shows when moving to Photoshop

Benedictine
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom dialogue box no longer shows when moving to Photoshop

I seem to have developed a little problem with Lightroom plugins and hope some kind soul will be able to help me. I think it is just a setting problem but I can’t figure it out. I am using Lightroom and Photoshop CC and have a number of plugins which I access through Photoshop. My workflow has been to do basic processing in Lightroom and then go to Photoshop via Menu Photo>Edit In>Edit In Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 this, until today mid-session, resulted in a dialogue which gave me the choice on editing the original, a copy or a copy with Lightroom changes incorporated. I mostly chose the last of these. Suddenly, however, I am no longer seeing this dialogue displayed but I am taken directly into Photoshop. In addition when I come to save the image after processing in Photoshop sometimes the image does not apparently save back into Lightroom as it used to. As I say I expect I have inadvertently change some setting/s—at least that is what I hope I have done! Can anyone please help me rectify this? Many thanks.

Apr 17, 2015 at 10:55 AM
schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom dialogue box no longer shows when moving to Photoshop

My settings are: LR>Pref>External Editing:

PSD
ProPhoto RGB
16 bit

Checked Stack with Original

Apr 19, 2015 at 09:06 AM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom dialogue box no longer shows when moving to Photoshop

It would certainly be helpful if you specified which version of Lightroom you are currently using. Also, did you update Adobe Camera Raw (a Photoshop plug-in) recently?

Starting with Adobe Camera Raw 6.7, any raw or DNG file transferred to Photoshop via the CTRL+ E / Edit in Photoshop command is sent directly to the application without an intervening dialog box. The only exceptions are when transferring rendered file formats like TIFF, PSD, OR JPEG; or when there is a mismatch between the ACR version built into Lightroom and the version in Photoshop.

So given those factors, it would be useful to know if you updated ACR in Photoshop recently so that it now matches the version in Lightroom. Also, what version of Lightroom are you using?

Benedictine wrote:
I seem to have developed a little problem with Lightroom plugins and hope some kind soul will be able to help me. I think it is just a setting problem but I can’t figure it out. I am using Lightroom and Photoshop CC and have a number of plugins which I access through Photoshop. My workflow has been to do basic processing in Lightroom and then go to Photoshop via Menu Photo>Edit In>Edit In Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 this, until today mid-session, resulted in a dialogue which gave me the choice on editing the original, a copy or a copy
...Show more

Apr 19, 2015 at 09:46 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom dialogue box no longer shows when moving to Photoshop

James_N wrote:
...The only exceptions are when transferring rendered file formats like TIFF, PSD, OR JPEG; or when there is a mismatch between the ACR version built into Lightroom and the version in Photoshop...

What James said.

This isn't a definitive answer and I'm too tired to check (sorry) but I've noticed the same thing and I think you're seeing the difference between sending a RAW file from LR to PS (no prompt) vs sending a JPEG (generates the prompt as you're accustomed to seeing).

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:40 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.