Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2015 · What do you like MOST about Canon?

ShutterbugJ
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · What do you like MOST about Canon?

TS-E
f1.2
Ease of use.

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:54 AM
dolina
• • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · What do you like MOST about Canon?

Service Center's 19.5km/12 mile drive.

Apr 21, 2015 at 01:24 AM
RexGig0
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · What do you like MOST about Canon?

In no particular order, these come to mind:

1. Even though I do not yet own one, the EF 11-24/4L. It has turned my attention away from the Nikkor 14-24/2.8G. (I shoot with both Canons and Nikons.)

2. The 7D Mark II, for its AF capabilities, ergonomics/controls, and wonderfully sharp, clear, ready-to-use OOC JPEGs. (My employer requires OOC JPEGs, for crime scene images; no post-processing is allowed.)

3. Flash is Important for much of my shooting, and the 600EX-RT is better-built than its Nikon counterpart, the SB-910. I own an SB-910, and three of the 600EX-RT. There are things I do like about the Nikon flash system, but the 600EX-RT is the class-leading hot-shoe-mount flash.

Apr 25, 2015 at 07:25 PM
Shutterbug2006
• • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · What do you like MOST about Canon?

I haven't spent any significant objective time with other camera brands and models so I guess I like most;

- that all six of my Canon DSLR's continue to operate flawlessly
- that the total cost to make repairs to any of my Canon cameras, lenses or accessories in the past ten years has been less than $500
- that I don't seem to need any AF micro-adjustments on my 1D2s or 1D2's

Apr 25, 2015 at 08:45 PM
scott_scheetz
• •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · What do you like MOST about Canon?

1. The cameras feel and handle well. Great AF too - No need for micro-adjustments on the older generation cameras.

2. CPS. Bloody fast, and bloody good

3. Lenses. Standard as well as more exotic lenses, they are all great. The L line up is fantastic.

To add a 4th, the 600EX-RTs are amazing! No issues with them at all.

Apr 26, 2015 at 09:58 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · What do you like MOST about Canon?

The body caps are nice.

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:03 PM
Allynb
• • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · What do you like MOST about Canon?

Time tested reputation and quality comes to mind.

Apr 29, 2015 at 08:41 PM
zlatko
• •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · What do you like MOST about Canon?

There are quite a lot of things I like about the system, and it would be hard to pick my top three. Other people have already mentioned many of my top likes. Let me add a few more things that distinguish Canon for me:

1) Lenses are intelligently designed, easy to grip, and don't have chattering aperture blades or loose, slipping aperture rings.

2) I don't have to fight with a camera menu that insists on starting on some tab other than the one at which I left off last time I used the menus.

3) Pancake lenses: I use both of them (24 & 40) and they are fun, small and lightweight.

Apr 29, 2015 at 09:56 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · What do you like MOST about Canon?

The simple fact that they are not Nikon.

May 02, 2015 at 09:59 AM
tshore
• • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · What do you like MOST about Canon?

1. Wide selection and availability of lenses, particularly used ones at reasonable prices.
2. Reliability.
3. Compatibility of the EOS system. No worrying about whether this or that lens will AF or meter with this or that camera. Every EOS lens you can mount on any EOS camera will work perfectly on it.
4. Great community of fellow Canon users.

May 02, 2015 at 11:39 AM
DAphoto77
• •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · What do you like MOST about Canon?

I have been using Canon since 1988. Top of the list --Lenses. I am still actively using a 1997 70-200 2.8L. It is sharp, used for sports, weddings, general news and even portraits in my studio. It has been dropped on a cement sidewalk, pool decks twice and it still functions and looks as new. That is not to mention it has been exposed to rainstorms and being immersed in mud. It is still clean inside, no dust. I have a new 100-400 II. I hope it lasts as long. It is really sharp. I have sharper lenses but for sheer utility I carry the 18-135 STM on one body most of the time.

May 02, 2015 at 01:08 PM
40Driggs
• • • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · What do you like MOST about Canon?

I have switched to Sony FE, but there are a few things I miss.

1.)largest used market- you can almost always find a used item to save some money and I have had very good luck with used gear.

2.) service- I had to use canon service 4 times and was always impressed with how quick the process was. The communication was always top notch as well.

3.) huge variety of lenses from low to high quality with niche products as well.

May 02, 2015 at 01:47 PM
Ray_B

p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · What do you like MOST about Canon?

In the past it has been either Nikon or Canon, or German like Leica, Rollei, or Hasseblad, i choose Canon cuz it was not so elite, yet could hold its own.

May 02, 2015 at 01:51 PM
bcguy
• • •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · What do you like MOST about Canon?

What do I like about Canon?

1. The lens range. They have the most complete range of lenses available for any system.

2. Decent quality relatively inexpensive primes available. This is the primary reason I went Canon over Nikon all those years ago. (er, no pun intended)

3. I have to say service. I sent my camera in this past year, and they did a great job fixing my camera.

May 02, 2015 at 06:59 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.