New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Frozen beers

Gab01992
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Frozen beers

Since few months ago I have been sharing my shots of beverage and some foods here. I know this isn't the area but since there is no are in the form to share these kind of shots I choose here.

These past 2 weeks I did these 2 shots for personal portfolio matters. The propose was to create a realistic chill and frozen effect on the bottles. I hope you like it.

You can see more of my work at my online portfolio here: www.infiinitystudios.com

Thanks! Any comments and critiques are welcome!

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:56 AM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Frozen beers

I'm interested in how you lit the first one.

I think there is one light behind the bottle to the right, and maybe a strip light directly behind the bottle? Is that correct, or way off?

I like the lighting and frozen effect you got on the Heineken. It doesn't seem to have as much steam coming off as the image you previously posted.

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:50 PM
fstop212
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Frozen beers

I can see these in a magazine. I like them both.

Apr 15, 2015 at 03:35 PM
Gab01992
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Frozen beers

Thanks guys! Film.. For the first image I use 5 lights. The main light was a beauty dish from up, the second was a snoot pointing the label. The other one was to light the background with a green gel, another one with a strip to light one of the side(finished don't being too much use) and the final one which was the behind light with a barn doors to just light the bottle from up. I'll post a BTS.

Apr 15, 2015 at 05:26 PM
Gab01992
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Frozen beers

BTS. The 5th light wasn't there at the time but was placed at the top of the background pointing down.

Apr 15, 2015 at 05:27 PM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Frozen beers

Holy Crap !!! Product photography is waaaaaaaayyyy too complicated for me.

Thanks for the answer and the set-up photo for me.

Apr 15, 2015 at 08:03 PM
cwebster
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Frozen beers

And you sprayed the bottle with water before freezing it to get the frost to stick to the bottle?

Nice stuff. I like the 2nd one also.

<Chas>

Apr 15, 2015 at 08:40 PM
Gab01992
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Frozen beers

Hi cw! No I used a product I bought in Walmart which makes snow like effect. I sprayed first with dull spray, then with a frosted dull which makes it looks very cold. Then paint it a bit with white spray. Then add the snow spray effect. At the end added some baking soda and the final step was to add the crashed ice effect. Both bottles was using the same technique. Thanks!

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:29 PM
cwebster
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Frozen beers

Very nice work.

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:42 AM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Frozen beers

Gab01992 wrote:
Hi cw! No I used a product I bought in Walmart which makes snow like effect. I sprayed first with dull spray, then with a frosted dull which makes it looks very cold. Then paint it a bit with white spray. Then add the snow spray effect. At the end added some baking soda and the final step was to add the crashed ice effect. Both bottles was using the same technique. Thanks!

looks real

Apr 17, 2015 at 06:56 AM
sidefunk
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Frozen beers

If a successful product shot is measured by a desire to consume the product then this his all the marks. I want a beer now and I am not much of a beer drinker.

Apr 18, 2015 at 08:26 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.