New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Ioanna test shoot

mannyherr
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ioanna test shoot

Shot the lovely and talented Ioanna , test for her book , Rep'ed by Wilhelmina down here in Miami .

Ioanna by mannyher1, on Flickr

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:07 AM
Werne1nm
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ioanna test shoot

I love the way the sunlight highlights her hair in 6 and 7. Like a natural catch light. Great use of the natural lighting!

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:29 AM
Mr Kris
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ioanna test shoot

Nice set overall- #4 I think is too bright. And people tell me that I like things too bright haha.... I'm not on a calibrated monitor right now, but her face is almost white while the eye sockets retain color and some shadow, so the more I look at it, the more unflattering it is.

I like the real smiles you captured, and I like that many of the shots have an element of motion.

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:30 AM
mannyherr
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ioanna test shoot

Werne1nm wrote:
I love the way the sunlight highlights her hair in 6 and 7. Like a natural catch light. Great use of the natural lighting!

Werne1nm , Thank you ! I try to get out at this hour since I lost 100% sure I will get some nice light . I'm by myself and rather lazy to set up any Off camera lighting stuff , oh and old too !!!

---------------------------------------------

Mr Kris wrote:
Nice set overall- #4 I think is too bright. And people tell me that I like things too bright haha.... I'm not on a calibrated monitor right now, but her face is almost white while the eye sockets retain color and some shadow, so the more I look at it, the more unflattering it is.

I like the real smiles you captured, and I like that many of the shots have an element of motion.

Mr Kris , Thank you , and yes that one is wayyyy bright , but there something about that image that I like , who knows I may trash in the future , but for now I'm liking it . She was great model to work with so my job was easy !! Thanks again !

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:40 AM
bwalwork
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ioanna test shoot

Nice doggy smile in #7!

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:35 PM
mannyherr
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Ioanna test shoot

bwalwork wrote:
Nice doggy smile in #7!

bwalwork HAHA!!! She brought her dog along , I figured why not let him get in on the action !!

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:37 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Ioanna test shoot

Fantastic set.

The only two I do not like are #1 (the hair across the face) and #4 (over-exposed)

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:44 PM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Ioanna test shoot

Very attractive model. Nice location. Interesting poses. Light is nice on most (too harsh in 1 and 2 for me.)

Don't like the desaturated-color post-processing. Don't care for image 4.

Like the tossed hair in 7.

Nice B&W conversion on the last image.

TFS!

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:46 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Ioanna test shoot

#4 is too bright and some odd colours appearing in her hair. Not the best expression either.

Like Andre, I don't favour the de-sat look, but others do.

I also didn't care for #1 - it's the hair, just too much for my taste.

Other than that, a fine set.

Apr 14, 2015 at 02:36 PM
mannyherr
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Ioanna test shoot

Andre Labonte wrote:
Fantastic set.

The only two I do not like are #1 (the hair across the face) and #4 (over-exposed)[/quote

Andre, thank you for the reply.Yea that overexposed one is losing ground lol. Thanks again.

Apr 14, 2015 at 02:38 PM
mannyherr
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Ioanna test shoot

Jim thanks for the reply. I'm thinking 4 may need some revisiting. I do I have a B&W of #1 that I think might work better. Will post later from home. Thanks again!!

Jim Rickards wrote:
#4 is too bright and some odd colours appearing in her hair. Not the best expression either.

Like Andre, I don't favour the de-sat look, but others do.

I also didn't care for #1 - it's the hair, just too much for my taste.

Other than that, a fine set.

Apr 14, 2015 at 02:40 PM
tonyfield
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Ioanna test shoot

Some good book shots in the series. Lovely lady. There is a very airy feeling to the images ... quite open and refreshing.

Apr 14, 2015 at 04:23 PM
mannyherr
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Ioanna test shoot

tonyfield wrote:
Some good book shots in the series. Lovely lady. There is a very airy feeling to the images ... quite open and refreshing.

Tony ! AHA You've got exactly what I'm trying after here ! I realize it's subjective , and trust me I do appreciate and try to learn from all the feedback . I try to expose most things to the right , do I go overboard sometimes ? sure I do . But that airy look is what I'm after . Thanks for taking the time to reply .

Apr 14, 2015 at 08:10 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Ioanna test shoot

also not a fan of the overexposed and desaturated color look but looks like she passes the test

Apr 15, 2015 at 07:33 AM
mannyherr
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Ioanna test shoot

Cw100 thanks you for taking the time to reply I'm gathering not alot of people around here like that look! Lololol all good thanks again.

CW100 wrote:
also not a fan of the overexposed and desaturated color look but looks like she passes the test

Apr 15, 2015 at 07:36 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Ioanna test shoot

There are always 100 different ways to handle portraits like this and always yet another 20 nits to dissect so let the opinions and personal tastes fall where they may.

This is one of the most consistent and appealing sets I've seen in a long time. None of the images fall apart or are compromised in any meaningful way. They all tell the story and please the eye.

Is 4 overexposed for some people... sure. Kudos for observing it's bright. To my eye it's a beautiful, valid look and I enjoy it all the more so cradled amidst the other shots. And yes, I think it would be amazing in b&w.

I really love this set, manny. And the dog rocks.

Regards,

Chuck

Apr 16, 2015 at 09:12 PM
Disaster
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Ioanna test shoot

Great set of shots with lots of variety and good use of light.

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:22 PM
mannyherr
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Ioanna test shoot

nolaguy wrote:
There are always 100 different ways to handle portraits like this and always yet another 20 nits to dissect so let the opinions and personal tastes fall where they may.

This is one of the most consistent and appealing sets I've seen in a long time. None of the images fall apart or are compromised in any meaningful way. They all tell the story and please the eye.

Is 4 overexposed for some people... sure. Kudos for observing it's bright. To my eye it's a beautiful, valid look and I enjoy it all the more so cradled amidst the other shots. And
...Show more

Chuck , Thanks for the kind words , I know it's all subjective and some will like and other won't , heck that's life . I guess as long as I'm happy with what I'm trying to achieve and as long as agency and model are pleased then I'm golden .

Dog was great , loved him !!!

---------------------------------------------

Disaster wrote:
Great set of shots with lots of variety and good use of light.

Disaster , thank you ! For taking the time to look and comment .

Apr 17, 2015 at 07:18 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.