FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2015 · 5D4 or 5DS for a landscaper

eyal.ma
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · 5D4 or 5DS for a landscaper

With the rumours of sony higher MP version for A7R, I'm waiting to see what will happen.
I don't really need higher MP than the 5D3 at the moment, but I do want that option. But, I want a better sensor. As in higher DR and a bit more features.
I was considering the current A7R but the slow AF really made me question it when I tried it, and I decided to pass.

So I want to see how the 5DR is when it comes out, and if sony rumors come out true.
I might eventually go with 5DR+A7R or just a newer version of the A7R. I'm in no hurry so I can wait.

Apr 17, 2015 at 08:48 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · 5D4 or 5DS for a landscaper

ggreene wrote:
You've got a lot more patience then I do. After the 1D3 fiasco and then Nikon releasing the D3/D3s, I was ready to switch to Nikon if Canon hadn't upped the ante with the 1D4. No way would I wait for a decade over features I need/want.

I've been more than happy with my Canon gear, and have never felt too limited by the sensors, but once you have used the new Nikon's or Sony sensors you realise what a real benefit they can be. I'll never give up Canon if only for the glass, but going forward I might consider say the Sony replacement for the A7R for landscape work. Maybe 5D4 will offer something but I'm not holding my breath. However I've always argued the camera is not just about the sensor and it's the total package that is more important to me. I've defended the Canon ecosystem for a long time and don't need to justify myself to pinheads like jctriguy.

Apr 19, 2015 at 08:18 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · 5D4 or 5DS for a landscaper

Pixel Perfect wrote:
I've been more than happy with my Canon gear, and have never felt too limited by the sensors, but once you have used the new Nikon's or Sony sensors you realise what a real benefit they can be. I'll never give up Canon if only for the glass, but going forward I might consider say the Sony replacement for the A7R for landscape work. Maybe 5D4 will offer something but I'm not holding my breath. However I've always argued the camera is not just about the sensor and it's the total package that is more important to me. I've
...Show more

Whayne, you hit the nail square on the head, none of us need justify our gear choices. For many, I assume, that went thru the mid eights bridge burning; the EF mount change, are still mindful of Canon's ecosystem and enjoy all of it's benefits. I'd hazard a guess this DR issue and Canon's not addressing it, to be much the same bitter pill felt so long ago.

This DR discussion does not escape my understanding for it's need/want, it's just not something that affects my particular image making needs/wants; so far... For decades both Kodachrome and Velvia were my media of 'choice', Velvia still is, and shadows, dark shadows, are something that I prize in many an image. I'm not an HDR fan, don't post process too much, lift shadows as many do, it is a part of the digital advantage but there is still a bit of a purest in my heart.

As has been mentioned many times with these discussions/debates, I hope Canon comes thru for those that need/want the extra DR, it would be for the betterment of all of us; the Canon ecosystem.

Cheers,
Jerry

Apr 19, 2015 at 09:22 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · 5D4 or 5DS for a landscaper

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Your words never ever mine.

ggreene wrote:
You've got a lot more patience then I do. After the 1D3 fiasco and then Nikon releasing the D3/D3s, I was ready to switch to Nikon if Canon hadn't upped the ante with the 1D4. No way would I wait for a decade over features I need/want.

Pixel Perfect wrote:
I've been more than happy with my Canon gear, and have never felt too limited by the sensors, but once you have used the new Nikon's or Sony sensors you realise what a real benefit they can be. I'll never give up Canon if only for the glass, but going forward I might consider say the Sony replacement for the A7R for landscape work. Maybe 5D4 will offer something but I'm not holding my breath. However I've always argued the camera is not just about the sensor and it's the total package that is more important to me. I've
...Show more
StillFingerz wrote:
Whayne, you hit the nail square on the head, none of us need justify our gear choices. For many, I assume, that went thru the mid eights bridge burning; the EF mount change, are still mindful of Canon's ecosystem and enjoy all of it's benefits. I'd hazard a guess this DR issue and Canon's not addressing it, to be much the same bitter pill felt so long ago.

This DR discussion does not escape my understanding for it's need/want, it's just not something that affects my particular image making needs/wants; so far... For decades both Kodachrome and Velvia were my media
...Show more

Yeah, some of us are not afraid of the DR mafia.

EBH

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:26 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.