FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Second engagement shoot

matsmithphotography
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Second engagement shoot

Hey, FM. I posted this over in the critique forum but I feel it may get a bit more traction here. Id appreciate if you'd be willing to offer some comments on the images!

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1359644.

I apologize for simply providing the link; I'm currently at work and cannot repost the images in this thread.

Thanks!

Apr 13, 2015 at 06:03 PM
DannyBostwick
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Second engagement shoot

1. It's a nice image. Less DOF though. I'd shot that wide open basically. That house in the background kinda sucks. Also, maybe soften up her legs.

2. I like this, it's good thinking, it just didn't quite connect. The flag sorta interrupts what is otherwise a nice pattern. I know how you shot this, and where you shot it from, and if there was a way to shoot it straight on it would be awesome. Also, definitely get rid of that that darn clearance sign.

3. He probably won't like this one, he looks kinda girly in my opinion. Not a super flattering photo of her. I see what your going for, and it's a good effort, maybe get her a little closer next time and have him look a little tougher.

4. This one is pretty darn good. Maybe could have been improved by a bit tighter of a crop and shooting with a little more of the bikes in the frame.

5. Solid.

6. Again, switch the 2. Have her look at the camera, and him look at her. He looks like a Ken doll, and she looks she's admiring his teeth.

7. Again, look at her legs, the razor bumps, fix that.

8. Take a step to the left and straighten it all out. Those lines drive me nuts. This is an aspect of "slowing down that I talk about to you".

9. That's a good one, I wouldn't have lit it though.

10. Solid, would be better blackened white and not lit. The strobe here makes it look too fake.

11. I probably like this one the best. I would crop the bring on the right out, and would have been better to include more of him, not cutting off his butt.

12. I like this, it's a good concept, but remember what the guy at the News Journal told you, too much shit in the frame. All the stuff on the right side adds nothing, the bike on it's side, the stoops half cut off, the dead tree, get rid of it. Also, this will come with practice, but she looks super stiff and uncomfortable. Get them loose.

All in all, I can assure you this was better than my 2nd engagement shoot, that's for sure. There is a lot of negative feedback in here, but you need it, you need to hear these things to grow, the couple will be stoked, and you tried some stuff, that's how you grow. Keep digging, digging, and digging.

Apr 13, 2015 at 09:26 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.