FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Torres del Paine, Patagonia

Aztatlan
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Torres del Paine, Patagonia

An image of the Cuernos del Paine (Horns of Paine) in the TDP national park, Chilean Patagonia from my recent trip.

Apr 13, 2015 at 03:45 PM
kellyakinsart
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Torres del Paine, Patagonia

Beautiful photo. Great lighting, and warm and cool color contrast.

Kelly

Apr 13, 2015 at 04:18 PM
IndyFab
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Torres del Paine, Patagonia

Composition, slow shutter, pp, excellent light all make this a great image.

Apr 13, 2015 at 04:30 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Torres del Paine, Patagonia

What a fun trip that must have been. This is a pretty cool looking shot. I do think though that this is too wide. I think the mountains being lit on the left side distract from the main attraction in the middle. I think either a crop, or perhaps a vertical shot from here would be incredibly stronger. Just cover the left side of the photo with your hand and the shot is immediately stronger.

Jim

Apr 13, 2015 at 05:34 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Torres del Paine, Patagonia

very well shot!

Apr 13, 2015 at 05:59 PM
Aztatlan
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Torres del Paine, Patagonia

Thanks all!

JimFox wrote:
What a fun trip that must have been. This is a pretty cool looking shot. I do think though that this is too wide. I think the mountains being lit on the left side distract from the main attraction in the middle. I think either a crop, or perhaps a vertical shot from here would be incredibly stronger. Just cover the left side of the photo with your hand and the shot is immediately stronger.

Jim

It's a valid point you raise. I shot this same scene at a few different focal lengths and it took a while to decide which I ultimately preferred. I do have a version shot longer that cuts out the left side mountains, however this also significantly reduces the visual impact of the rapids/cascades by virtue of the longer FL. On the balance of things I decided this composition was the strongest I took that morning in landscape orientation.

I do have a portrait orientation shot also however have not yet processed it.

Apr 14, 2015 at 03:27 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.