Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2015 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

joelconner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

I have shot a few weddings on the D750's now, and like with all cameras, I am findings things that I do not like. Two of the main ones are that the focusing is not perfect, but even more than that, I am having issues with t he main command dial on the back being very easily bumped and adjusted. I rarely shoot wide open, and I am constantly picking up the camera and finding it at 1.4. I am using a moneymaker, so it might have something to do with how the camera is resting.

Is this something that other people have experienced with this or other NIkon bodies?

Apr 13, 2015 at 01:38 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

I'm having the same problem, using two D750 on a MM. For me it seems that it only happens to the one hanging on the right side not on the left. It doesn't happen enough that I have been able to track it down. Couple times a wedding.

Apr 13, 2015 at 02:20 PM
dgleason
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

This happens to me as well with the 750's and MM.. but not enough to really annoy me too much. If anything I think it has made me a better manual shooter. I'm constantly checking my meter to see if I'm close to where I was and I'm getting really good at remembering where my settings are.. I've also found myself holding on to the camera on the left side when I'm moving around a lot to keep if from moving around and getting changed. I'm using my right side camera more than 90% of the time so it's almost always in my hands. It's the left side I have to worry about.

Apr 13, 2015 at 03:03 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

The camera is annoying because your strap causes it to rub on your body and change settings...
hahaha

How is the focusing not perfect? On our D3(s) and D700 if something is not focusing correctly it is normally because we are doing something wrong or the AF fine tune is not setup right.

Apr 13, 2015 at 03:48 PM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

I haven't tried a D750 on the MM yet, but didn't notice that issue with a D810 or D700, and the dials are in the same spot.

Apr 13, 2015 at 03:55 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

I do notice my aperture change sometimes with D750 on the MM, but I don't think that problem is exclusive to that camera make or model. When I'm walking with my cameras I try to hold them so they're not swinging around bouncing off my hips.

Apr 13, 2015 at 04:44 PM
S-Man23
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

The only problem I've seen with this setup is the 70-200 swinging around my back and bumping into my 24-70. That was when I had the clip mounted on the tripod collar. I've since clipped onto the body tripod mount and it doesn't do it as often since the lens hangs down. I haven't noticed any settings changes.

Apr 13, 2015 at 06:26 PM
dsouzl
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

I had the exact same problem shooting 2 X 5D3's on a MM. The back dial would rotate.

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:39 AM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

I guess you could just turn it off if it bothers you

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:21 PM
JakAHearts
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

You guys must have big asses. I have no such issue.

Apr 14, 2015 at 03:33 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

Haven't experienced this myself on the D750 (or D810). But my dial on my 5D3 would rotate ALL the time on me, actually. I think it's just how it rested against my side.

Apr 14, 2015 at 09:18 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

The diopter adjustment knob always gets moved about on our Canon bodies. Half way through the wedding you're thinking "am I going blind?"

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:35 AM
dgleason
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

I indeed have a big ass..

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:42 AM
JakAHearts
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

dgleason wrote:

Its cool. More cushion for the push'in or something.

Apr 15, 2015 at 05:20 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

hardlyboring wrote:
How is the focusing not perfect? On our D3(s) and D700 if something is not focusing correctly it is normally because we are doing something wrong or the AF fine tune is not setup right.

I have been using continuous focus with a single point, and more often than I would expect, it is focusing on the background and not subject. It's not happening massively, but enough that I have missed key shots because of it. I am going to try some of the other modes to see if I still have issues.

Apr 15, 2015 at 05:25 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

joelconner wrote:
I have been using continuous focus with a single point, and more often than I would expect, it is focusing on the background and not subject. It's not happening massively, but enough that I have missed key shots because of it. I am going to try some of the other modes to see if I still have issues.

Do you see this with all of your lenses?

Apr 15, 2015 at 05:32 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

You should be using 3D for continuous IMO. Not single point.

Apr 15, 2015 at 06:09 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

dgleason wrote:

I think yours is beautiful the way it is.

Apr 15, 2015 at 06:20 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

To this day I am more confident in a D3 than any of the newer bodies. I also still think the D810 is more consistent than the D750 if slower. (both are far better than a D800)

Based on some initial testing done by Duy, I played around with the "Focus tracking with lock on" setting. While I am fine with normal on a D3, I actually preferred low or even off on the d750. (single point continuous af)

Apr 15, 2015 at 07:19 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · D750 / Nikon Annoyance....

LeeSimms wrote:
The diopter adjustment knob always gets moved about on our Canon bodies. Half way through the wedding you're thinking "am I going blind?"

Mine did this too. I ended up putting gaffers tape over it. Problem solved!

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:16 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.