Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Sunwayfoto PNL-D810 L-Bracket for Nikon D810 - Fitment/alignment issue?

prosumerhacks
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sunwayfoto PNL-D810 L-Bracket for Nikon D810 - Fitment/alignment issue?

Recently bought a Sunwayfoto PNL-D810 L-Bracket for Nikon D810 and having it mounted on the cam, it seems like a little misaligned around center marking and the point of contact on the side isn't sitting flush with the cam. Has anyone who has this L bracket noticed it? Just curious to know if this L bracket really is made for D810 or is it just a rehash from D800.

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:13 PM
Mnd1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sunwayfoto PNL-D810 L-Bracket for Nikon D810 - Fitment/alignment issue?

I originally bought a Sunwayfoto mount for my D800. What a mistake that was. On three occasions it nearly fell out of the clamp on my ball head. Very poor manufacturing tolerances. I ditched it and bought an RRS.

Apr 13, 2015 at 04:45 PM
Frode
• •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sunwayfoto PNL-D810 L-Bracket for Nikon D810 - Fitment/alignment issue?

I bought one for my D810 (the one made for D800), and it work just great with my ballhead. No problems here!

Mnd1 wrote:
I originally bought a Sunwayfoto mount for my D800. What a mistake that was. On three occasions it nearly fell out of the clamp on my ball head. Very poor manufacturing tolerances. I ditched it and bought an RRS.

Apr 13, 2015 at 05:29 PM
prosumerhacks
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sunwayfoto PNL-D810 L-Bracket for Nikon D810 - Fitment/alignment issue?

I'm not worried about the quality of the bracket itself but rather with the way it distributes weight and contact point on the side. Any insights or observations?

Apr 13, 2015 at 05:39 PM
Mark K
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sunwayfoto PNL-D810 L-Bracket for Nikon D810 - Fitment/alignment issue?

Ordered one...somebody told me about loosened screw

Apr 14, 2015 at 01:08 AM
Robertomendo

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sunwayfoto PNL-D810 L-Bracket for Nikon D810 - Fitment/alignment issue?

I bought one for my D810 and is is perfect in every way and accommodates all cables no problem. I bought it because a friend has one for his D810 and it is the same quality and fit as mine. I cannot see any reason why it is not the equal of RSS or Kirk!

Apr 14, 2015 at 08:35 AM
prosumerhacks
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sunwayfoto PNL-D810 L-Bracket for Nikon D810 - Fitment/alignment issue?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Can someone check the point of contact above the side door to see if the L bracket is flush with side or just making contact at or around a single spot.

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:59 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.