New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Denver Area Meets

scpphoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Denver Area Meets

I will be in denver from april 13-18 and was wondering suggestions for really great landscape locations. I have a rental car so I am not really limited on where I can go except for the times I am in my photography workshop (sports). any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:46 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Denver Area Meets

Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs should be your #1 Landscape choice.

2nd would be Estes Park.

That's all that's close that comes to mind immediately.

Jim

Apr 14, 2015 at 03:30 AM
Charlie San
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Denver Area Meets

GOG is good as mentioned above. Best in the morning, some good hiking trails and shots from different roads. On the loop road, just before the Balanced Rock is a dirt road on the right, Rampart Range Road with another, better balanced rock and almost no one around. Nearby that too is a parking area on right and a short hike to the Siamese Twins, AKA Window Rock (Pikes Peak is framed in the window).

Roxborough State Park, a little south and west of Denver is good. Don't have to get there too early since you want the light to reach the valley. South Platte River Road, around town of Deckers is good too and near by.

Might be some issues with rented car on dirt road, but GOG and Roxborough has paved roads too.

Apr 14, 2015 at 08:18 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.