FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · 1 image - Your thoughts.

Inku Yo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 1 image - Your thoughts.

It's ok.

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:33 AM
ShutterbugJ
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 1 image - Your thoughts.

My gut reaction is that it doesn't work at all. I feel like it needs to be shot from higher and closer, looking down at a 45 to 90-degree angle on the older couple, with separation from the bride and groom. This would also remove the light sources, part of the white panels, and the spectators. That said, my secondary gut reaction is that this is the sort of image that would be found with a National Geographic article on some sort of subculture--more gritty and less aesthetically pleasing than I like, but just as legitimate of a storytelling photo.

Apr 14, 2015 at 01:34 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 1 image - Your thoughts.

Chuck, it has nothing to do with being pissy. It's an actual term, with an actual meaning. I guess I didn't know people don't understand that.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/meh

Did I not expand on my thoughts in my original response? Yes. Why? Because it had already been said by another member. One pet peeve I have is post after post repeating the same thing. Once it's been said, do we really have to hear it over and over? Someone had already mentioned timing. I saw no need to duplicate it as I thought it was obvious. Nothing pissy about "meh" at all. It's very similar to Inku's, "Its ok." Is that pissy?

Again, I tell things how I see them. Some people just read a little more into "typing" than what I actually type.

Apr 14, 2015 at 03:32 AM
mjmetts
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 1 image - Your thoughts.

Skipping to the bottom to leave a comment. I love this moment. Seems like it would be a memory the bride and groom would cherish. For me, the focal point is on the couple in the foreground (I'm assuming parents?) and you can feel their joy. The silhouette is a powerful way to portray this.

Hard to tell on this screen, but it might be worth some tinkering to see if you can squeeze a little more dynamic range out of it. If I was the couple in the foreground, I would want a print of this hanging in my home.

Apr 21, 2015 at 09:34 AM
BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · 1 image - Your thoughts.

Hmm, I kinda love it a lot. I am a sucker for low key images with subtle details in the shadow like this, paired with sharp black/white contrast. Chiaroscuro baby!

Might there have been better timing possible? Always. I don't believe in a perfect/decisive moment. This is the image that you have and I feel it is good. No better image exists because it wasn't captured (unless you unloaded in burst mode, then you might have a better one ). I like it for the story that it tells. It gives context and atmosphere; it feels intimate and sincere. Keep it. Hell, put it in your portfolio.

Apr 21, 2015 at 05:20 PM
beechhouse

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · 1 image - Your thoughts.

ricardovaste wrote:
Wedding Forum FAQ - Sticky post at the top of this forum.

Critics: You should not post if you do not have the best interest of the artist at heart. The only legitimate purpose for offering criticism here is to help the photographer grow and improve. If you cannot say that you hope and believe your feedback will help the photographer, it does not need to be posted.

Got it!

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:14 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.