Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 18 month old wet diaper

first time posting, shot with sel55f18.

Apr 11, 2015 at 02:19 AM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 18 month old wet diaper

Really nice shots, but you're probably going to get skewered for photog'ing a toddler on RR tracks.

Really like image 1.

Apr 11, 2015 at 09:19 AM
infosecgeek
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 18 month old wet diaper

Very nice shots... I'm going to assume the train tracks are defunct but yeah you'll probably get flack for them..

Apr 11, 2015 at 11:18 AM
mrhangt

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 18 month old wet diaper

Thanks for the comments, the track is part of a railroad museum. It is safe

Apr 11, 2015 at 11:41 AM
elliotkramer
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 18 month old wet diaper

Even if those apparently active tracks are safe, the photos still send a bad message.

It's kinda like taking a photo of a gun held to a child's head and saying, "don't worry, it wasn't loaded."

Just not a good idea.

Apr 11, 2015 at 09:05 PM
VilleK
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 18 month old wet diaper

The photography here is very nice. Good colors and light. And of course the model is very cute Well done!

I have never really understood why people want to use railroad tracks so much in photos posted in this forum. I am from Finland and this happens really seldom in Finnish "photography scene".

Apr 12, 2015 at 08:03 AM
Disaster
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 18 month old wet diaper

VilleK wrote:
The photography here is very nice. Good colors and light. And of course the model is very cute Well done!

I have never really understood why people want to use railroad tracks so much in photos posted in this forum. I am from Finland and this happens really seldom in Finnish "photography scene".

The first one is my favorite. Really nice composition, lighting and exposure.

I think the attraction to railroad tracks is twofold. First you've got classic converging lines. Second you've got the implied meanings, the open road, the nomad, the past...etc.

Apr 12, 2015 at 08:23 AM
Squirrely Eyed
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 18 month old wet diaper

#1 stands out to me. Love the laugh in #3, you can tell it's coming from the belly. Aside from him hanging his buns off the back of the track, I'm not sure where the title 'wet diaper' comes in.

Many young boys love trains. Maybe all Finland's tracks are active and unusable? Just a thought...

Put a can of spray paint in his hands, and I agree it would send a bad message.

Apr 12, 2015 at 04:54 PM
itsallaboutgz

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 18 month old wet diaper

I have no issues with the railway. Love the tone/mood of the photo.

Apr 12, 2015 at 05:17 PM
fstop212
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 18 month old wet diaper

These are awesome and might I add, he is one of the cutest kids I've seen in a long time.

Apr 13, 2015 at 07:14 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 18 month old wet diaper

Welcome to FM!
#1 and #3 are my favs (consider numbering your photos when posting).

#3 is great, even though his laugh squint hides his lovely eyes. I have one PP suggestion. On the left, there is a bright golden horizontal strip. I think it pulls the eye from the subject. You might consider cloning it out.

Apr 13, 2015 at 07:50 AM
mrhangt

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 18 month old wet diaper

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. His diapers on image 3 is hanging on the right thigh thats how i came up with the title.

Apr 13, 2015 at 05:25 PM
Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 18 month old wet diaper

Having worked for a commuter railroad for several years, I'm acutely aware of the safety issues involved in photographing people on the tracks. And of course, there's the leading lines/traveling-down-the-road cliches as well. What bugs me most about photographing people on the tracks, though, is how awkward they usually are. I mean, who actually sits on a rail, unless they're being photographed??

Having said all that, I think these shots are really good. The size of this little guy vis-a-vis the height of the rail actually work quite well together. I think that's a first for me. Nice work!

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:09 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.