1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2015 · 7D Mk II ongoing issues

David Garcia
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · 7D Mk II ongoing issues

Edward Rotberg wrote:
I'd have to disagree. Certainly on the 1DX and 5D3, AI Servo works just fine and is very consistent - if you understand how to use it. I don't have any experience with the 7D2 - yet, though I am thinking of picking one up. I currently own the 1DX and a 7D1 (which rarely gets used these days). There are times I'd like the extra reach, especially on short trips when I don't want to lug my big glass along. In those instances I would either not need, or be willing to do without, the superior high ISO
...Show more

Yes, the AI Servo on the 5D3 works great. That's why I'm a bit puzzled in comparing results from three different bodies. In comparing apples to apples with the same settings, I do get more keepers with the 5D3 and 70D than with my current 7D2. It does tend to miss more often than the other two in AI Servo (Case 2 used most or 3 modified) in Single Point or Expanded 9pt. I get more misses on Expanded 9pt and better results with Single Point. I use Back Button Focus on all bodies with the front button used for metering only. I rarely use One Shot.

However, my 7D2 tends to do just fine in Live View or One Shot, so MFA isn't necessary. I've been able to get some very nice shots, but most perplexing are those that are somewhat stationary where tracking and focus are dead on, yet it misses.

I love the features of the 7D2, but I'm still on the fence about it. I'm hopeful that a firmware update will improve its performance.

Apr 15, 2015 at 01:02 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.