New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · A few Easter pics of my little ones

cc1995

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A few Easter pics of my little ones

First time posting images on here. Longtime viewer of this thread and I can't tell you how much inspiration I've gotten from all the talented people on here. I'm just a hobbyist who has really enjoyed the journey of learning about photography...now I just need to find more time to practice between work and fatherhood (4 year old and 8 month old). I welcome any and all criticism and advice since I know that I've got a ton to learn. I messed around a little on one of the photos to give it a bit of a different look...probably was a little heavy handed but I like it (probably because I was learning a new technique I saw. Well, here are the little ones.

IMG_4207 by craigcim, on Flickr
IMG_4212 by craigcim, on Flickr
IMG_4239 by craigcim, on Flickr
IMG_4244Final by craigcim, on Flickr
IMG_4199Final by craigcim, on Flickr
IMG_4190 by craigcim, on Flickr

Edited on Apr 08, 2015 at 10:52 AM · View previous versions

Apr 08, 2015 at 10:01 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A few Easter pics of my little ones

Nice shots! I mostly like the added processing that you've done. The catchlights you added work really well in No. 1. Be sure to number your pics to help us comment on individual shots. Here's how you do it when you're creating your post (you can add the numbers by editing the post, if you want).

http:....prettypic.jpg

http:..... prettypic2.jpg

In No. 5, the catchlights pull attention away from your subject's eyes. One trick is to add a gaussian blur to it adjusting so it looks natural. keep it up! Great job!

Apr 08, 2015 at 10:19 AM
cc1995

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A few Easter pics of my little ones

friscoron wrote:
Nice shots! I mostly like the added processing that you've done. The catchlights you added work really well in No. 1. Be sure to number your pics to help us comment on individual shots. Here's how you do it when you're creating your post (you can add the numbers by editing the post, if you want).

http:....prettypic.jpg

http:..... prettypic2.jpg

In No. 5, the catchlights pull attention away from your subject's eyes. One trick is to add a gaussian blur to it adjusting so it looks natural. keep it up! Great job!

Thanks friscoron. Love your work. Thanks for the advice. I went and made the change to the catchlights in image 5 with the gaussain blur technique you suggested and reposted. Yes...I like it much better now. Hopefully I did it correctly. I didn't add the catchlights in post...they are from my strobe I used. Now looking at the image after making the change...I completely agree with you. It really doesn't draw your eye so much now. Thanks again

Apr 08, 2015 at 10:58 AM
Squirrely Eyed
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A few Easter pics of my little ones

Great shots. You caught some good moments of her connecting with you, always a challenge at that age. She also looks fascinated by the strobe.

#5 looks to have a weird over-sharp section near center-top of her forehead, while the rest of her face is fairly smooth. Not sure if it's an artifact of resizing or if it's really there.

I didn't see the original, but the muted catch light in #5 works for me.

Apr 08, 2015 at 12:39 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A few Easter pics of my little ones

Nicely done sir

Apr 08, 2015 at 05:15 PM
coreybell
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A few Easter pics of my little ones

Good set, I like that you got down to their level to shoot most of these.

Apr 08, 2015 at 05:26 PM
cc1995

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A few Easter pics of my little ones

Squirrely Eyed wrote:
Great shots. You caught some good moments of her connecting with you, always a challenge at that age. She also looks fascinated by the strobe.

#5 looks to have a weird over-sharp section near center-top of her forehead, while the rest of her face is fairly smooth. Not sure if it's an artifact of resizing or if it's really there.

I didn't see the original, but the muted catch light in #5 works for me.

Thanks. I looked at the forehead on a few of my other shots to see if I could detect it on any of them. It seems to be peach fuzz on her head. Very small hairs that the strobe must have highlighted. It does look like artifacting though. I will definitely have to smooth that out. I didn't really notice it. Good catch.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Apr 08, 2015 at 05:58 PM
Chivalrysae

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A few Easter pics of my little ones

Not sure if it's the lighting or DoF, but your daughter looks sharper and stands out more. If it's DoF maybe stand a little farther back to increase it.

May 19, 2015 at 03:53 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.